Pond tour 2014

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks beautiful Mike!!!! I've always wanted a goldfish and lilly pad pond. But not enough time to build an maintain and probably too much money!!! I admire your efforts!!

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mike, thats very pretty. The late Great Brian Thompson had a very nice coy pond in his back yard. He would have enjoyed seeing yours for sure.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Mike:

That is awesome! Congrats for making the Tour :).

I have a thing for ponds in yards, I think it adds something very calming. My wife disagrees, she thinks they harbor critters. I had a small waterfall with a catch pond about 20 feet away, I thought it was pretty cool. It is now filled in...

I do have plans for a cool water feature on lot where the Manshed will someday live. Gotta build that first, gives me an excuse for landscaping :).

Congrats!
TomK

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I have a waterfall/pond that HAD 34 monster goldfish in it until the Great Blue Heron that lives on the pond across the street developed a taste for them.:bat I would find the Heron standing at the waterfall in the early AM looking for his breakfast. When I got down to three remaining fish, I delivered them to the pond across the street to save the Heron some flight time. No big deal. never was a fish guy.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Pond is built so the Heron have nowhere to land and still get at the fish. Only two ways into my yard around the trees and I have strung twine to block the big birds. And then when they get in around all that, I have a paint ball gun in the bathroom I shoot out the window. Haven't lost fish to a heron in about 5 years.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Yea, breakin' rocks in the hot sun...........you know the rest.

(famous song over here)