summer fish

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
3;40 pm , 95 degrees, chrome top-water stick bait. top water bait- early and late, maybe,,,, 3;40 pm ,, no way,,,,,,,, I love it when the experts are wrong. no scales,, so I won't guess, but it was big.
fish004_zpsb5fb56cb.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The only thing that could be better is for you to say this was behind your house? PS, you are one handsome SOB.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
3;40 pm , 95 degrees, chrome top-water stick bait. top water bait- early and late, maybe,,,, 3;40 pm ,, no way,,,,,,,, I love it when the experts are wrong. no scales,, so I won't guess, but it was big.
fish004_zpsb5fb56cb.jpg

You dress like me:crazy Except I'm not so old that I would wear a wrist watch:D You're even color coordinated:love

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Great "Bucket Mouth" Ronnie I'm going to guess she is close to 10 Lbs. You just never know where there will be or what will turn then on. Top water bate in the heat of the day???? Great catch!:beer Did you dip the stick bate in Miller Lite before casting?

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Great catch Ronnie! !!! Congrats!!!! Bet you threw him back in for another day!!!!
Wayne......back in the day. ....we always dipped our worms or lures in Falstaff!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, I fully intended to release the fish. I ran it up to Eddie's house ( the guy who owns the lake) to show him and get a picture. When I told him I was gonna drop the fish back in, Eddie said, no, I'll clean her and put her in the freezer. He said, besides, there are much bigger fish in the lake. I know for a fact that is true. I was surprised he wanted to clean the fish but,,, his lake, his fish, his call. Wayne, February or March, she would have probably pushed 10 lbs. I would guess maybe 2 lbs. less right now. No matter,, rod and reel was an ultra-light with 10 lb line. Now, that was fun !!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Looks like the fish from the wood plank that sings "Take me to the river".
Yeah, for some reason they all look alike!!!!!:doh:doh:doh ============= Ronnie, how dare you go fishing , get back in that shop and do something!!!!!! The few time's i have gone this summer i am setting there waiting for a bite , i am thinking I ought to be doing something!!!!!:bang:bang Any way, good catch!!!!!

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Nice catch Ronnie!!! It must be nice to have a lake that close to home with largemouth bigger than that living in it. I can imagine you had your hands full for a few minutes using an ultra lite. We used to go to Toledo Bend every year, and a 2 or 21/2 pound crappie was all that you could handle with an ultra lite. Congratulations for sure!!!!!!! Mike:bow:bow

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Linda wasn't too impressed by the fish. She said " He wears the same cloths you do ! " Now I think that's a neat thing !:cheers