• 333 heads 162.jpg
    333 heads 162.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 333 heads 163.jpg
    333 heads 163.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 167

482STROKER

Well Known Member
I know I have that issue, somewhere in the many boxes of mags I have in the garage, I have issues from back in the early 50's that still have the mailing label with my dads name on them, I have the December 1957 issue of Hot Rod that tests the all new 58 Impala !! too cool, Steve

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I might have that issue also. I still have an attic full of mags from back in the day that didn't sell when I offfered them to the membership a while back. I am going to start listing some more magazines when all this bull ** it weather clears up.:deal

:crazy:cheers

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member
Remember them well

I was right there in the staging lane with the above cars at many Super Chevy Sundays. Lined up against the likes of the "Golden Rod" of Don Evans, the "The Obsolete Missile" of Don Shafer, "Faded Memories" Bel-Air and Barber John's red Impala. Jim Goodwin's "Prehistorial Rat" ran 10's the first time I met him. Took me two years and a ATI to run thoses numbers. Butch and Rhonda's "Northern Rebel" '62 Bel-Air, Tom and Linda Jacobson's blue big block '62 and Lamar's "Park Ave" Bel-Air with his first aluminum block ran high 8's and split the block right down the center! Carburation was three sidways sawed to fit Dominators! Was funny when Linda J. handed Lamar a NOS decal after his late night motel "adjustment" then beating Tom the next day. Phil should remember that deal. Doug Marion's a Facebook friend. We and a growing number still kick it around. What a memory! Remembers me not even flinching when Miss Linda Vaughn leaned on my aluminum fenders at a photo shoot. Sorry for rambling on tonight.

Wild Bill

BubbletopMan

Well Known Member
Bill, Lamar used to tell a story about when he was racing the "29 Day Wonder" Biscayne against Tom Jacobson. He said they both agreed to race 409 against 409 at SCS Indy in '87. When they got there, Tom had dropped in a pretty healthy big block. Lamar said he got so pi*@ed at Tom that they found a local speed shop, woke the owner up, and bought a Compucar Nitrous system and installed it in the speed shop parking lot. Is that how you remember it? Anybody else? Jeremy