348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil,

You are taking on a LARGE project with the convention !!!! :bow:cheers From someone who has worked on gathering like this, in the past I know you will be exhausted with complete. I think the cost is very reasonable and no explanation of the expenses was necessary for me. Can't thank you enough for taking this mission on, it's going to be better than a week at Disney Land !!!! :):):) Again if you need some help for a couple of days before, let me know and I'll try to get there early to help.

Bill and Linda

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Phil: Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I was a little confusing in my question. My concern wasn't the price but the 2 entry fees & one that most of us missed. You cleared all that up. My question now is will that fee cover your expenses? Will be on the lookout for the registration form. Looking forward to the event. Thanks again.

Joel

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Phil, great job on the convention, do you have a day job?
:laugh

I was wondering if it would be ok to bring our 62- Bubble Top, that's being restored, not finished yet.? It would be great to have all those talents their to guide me, OR they could help me sand....
:roll:cheers

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don, we are bringing quite a few parts. We plan on setting them around our pit area. I don't think a dedicated swap meet area would work very well for the sellers because you would have to stay there and man the parts and answer questions. You will find that 3 days is not enough time to do what you will want to do and see the things you will want to see. We plan on labeling some stuff and include a cell phone number so if a member wants information about a part, he or she can call and we can rush back to the pit area. Of course this is just my opinion and others may disagree. Phil may already have plans about this subject so he will inform us , for sure.

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Finally purchased my airline ticket to KC & Great Bend for next month.

Can't wait to meet & see everyone Thursday!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I was thinking i would wear a car shirt with a Chevrolet Bow tie or maybe a 409 symbol to stand out from the crowd:idea

I dont think anyone else there would be wearing car stuff would they:back

What do people wear in Kansas
28650-e06d80e6913ede837d4c34221b2080f1.jpg

See yall in 3-4 weeks

Attachments

• Kansas footwear.jpg
    Kansas footwear.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 15

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:cry1:cry:bawl:bawl:wah:angry I want to come toooo. Maybe i can duck out for the weekend, wonder if i would be missed. Or even better i could plan a business trip way for a week and sneeeeeeek out that way. HELL YEAH:rub
popcorn.gif

Everyone enjoy and will be looking forward to video and photos.

Gav

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
:cry1:cry:bawl:bawl:wah:angry I want to come toooo. Maybe i can duck out for the weekend, wonder if i would be missed. Or even better i could plan a business trip way for a week and sneeeeeeek out that way. HELL YEAH:rub
popcorn.gif

Everyone enjoy and will be looking forward to video and photos.

Gav

Heck, it would take you all weekend for the flight.....................:dunnoYou need to have the next on over there Gav.:poke

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Less than a month to go.:cheers:love:hug
we are going to arrive in nyc 4th sept midnight. Those first 8 days are pretty busy and no real transport to speak of at that stage.
plan on getting a USA cellphone when we get there and i was wanting to post where we were going and what we were doing i.e. what direction we were planning on travelling.
not really sure how to find out where people are so we could possibly catch up and meet prior to convention. Didnt think it would be a good idea to post cell number on web site but Bob may have a place for members only.????????
cant bloody wait
steve

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I'm flying into KC on Wed PM and planning to visit the Harley Davidson factory on Thursday AM, before driving out to Great Bend.

I would certainly be up to participating in a good old fashioned "convoy" if there are others interested.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Steve, we will be heading through Salt Like City area on the 20 or 21 of Sept. Don't know for sure how many will be traveling with us at this point, but you are sure welcome to join us. I'll send you a PM with my phone number and email.

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay all,

I have two things to bring up and get organized for the Convention !!!

#1. Phil has given us time in the schedule for an "Old Fools" hot dog race. This will be run the same time as the other two classes, so it will be one or the other, no way to be in two groups. While anyone is welcome to join us I'm thinking this should be for those of us who don't race regular. Don't know al the particulars on how we'll conduct this but it will be just for the fun of making a run with a smile on your face !!! There will be hot dogs for the winner and maybe some other prices that show up.

Let me know if you would like to join us. Also let me know if you have other prizes to contribute like Potatoes from Idaho or Cheese from Wisconsin ! Nothing to big because if has to be able to travel you know !

#2. Phil has been working with some of the local car dealerships to promote the Convention. We need a some people who will be available on Thursday and Friday during the day to park some cars around the local area to peak interest in our gathering and the local event. Contact me in a PM if you can help with this.

Thanks
Bill

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Steve, we will be heading through Salt Like City area on the 20 or 21 of Sept. Don't know for sure how many will be traveling with us at this point, but you are sure welcome to join us. I'll send you a PM with my phone number and email.

Bill
Thanks Bill,
Got the PM

Will let you know our plans closer to time

Steve

PS. was going to bring some Kiwi Fruit for a prize but cant get them into the US:doh

Maybe if i put from China on the box?????

Steve

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Just got back from a short run in the Corvette and stopped by my buddy's place where he keeps all his cars. He offered to host those of you travelling through or staying the night in Columbia, Missouri 65203. He has a very nice shop with a great collection of finished muscle cars just off the freeway near the Missouri River on I-70. We thought we'd do burgers and brats and beers for the evening. Pretty open on start time, but I was thinking early evening, maybe 5:00 - 6:00 PM or whenever the caravan arrives. He can accommodate parking for those of you towing. His shop sits on about 60 acres. He mainly collects mid year (C2) Corvettes, but there'll be a 1963 Impala SS 409 car and several others.

He my other friend own a car together, and they just scored 100 NCRS points at Bloomington with a 1967 Corvette coupe, 427 435 horse tripower setup. Really nice. He also has an original 1967 L-88 Corvette, a rare bird indeed! Last time I was over there he had a Grand Sport replica with an L-88 in it. They go to all the big auctions, mostly to purchase.

I'll provide directions and contact numbers so we can assemble as folks come through town. It's just a few minutes from the hotels along I-70.

If you are interested in joining us send me a PM with your contact info (cell phone #, that sort of thing) and when you might be arriving, where you are staying, etc. I'll try to put a list together so we can all be on the same page.

Cheers!

TomK