It feels good

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry to catch anyones attention with the heading, its not a K9 thread:laugh

Just put an out of office on my computer email saying that i am on annual leave until the 20th of October:dance

Putting a message on my work phone today with the same message:pepper

Jump on a plane thursday next week and head to LA/NYC:dj

Put the message on the email and phone to get people used to the fact that they will have to talk to someone else to get their problems sorted, and it allows me the opportunity to maybe help with any solutions or last minute things that i have forgot to organise

Feels good but strange, Lynette and i have been planning our trip to the USA for 5 years now, but each time we were ready to book things, life got in the way:cry1

Been storing up leave at work for two years so im ready for a break, neeeeed a break.:bricks:horse

Cant wait to get there and tick some bucket list things off:idea

Still got to find a B17 to have a flight in:D

See yall soon(ish)

Steve

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
2 months off!:cheers My God man, you'll have to be totally retrained when you get back:crazyYou may even have an American accent by then:doh

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
2 months off!:cheers My God man, you'll have to be totally retrained when you get back:crazyYou may even have an American accent by then:doh

Thanks Mike,
Actually back in 2006 we were looking at trying to immigrate to the USA, and were in the green card lottery etc, had all our qualifications assessed etc and as we both had no kids we were ready for the big move.
Then we got the opportunity to take on a 7 year old girl as a permanent foster child.
Although we have missed out on living in the USA (if we had got in) we would not change our decision for the world
At 14 now she can test our patience a bit but she is a real good kid, we are blessed to have been given the chance to be parents
And that is why it has taken the last 5 years to get our crap together and get out trip organised

We have an american lady house sitting for us while we are away, she has been here for 25 years and each time she goes home people cant pick where she comes from now:roll to us she is american but to you guys she is not quite:lmao

Just cant wait to get there

Steve

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My son in Salt Lake just announced that he, his wife (Kiwi) and my 2 grandsons are moving to NZ.:grumble
Maybe you could trade.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Cecil

That will mean you have no reason not to visit us over here:cheers

But i do feel for you with the grand kids being so far away (6981 miles to Christchurch from LA)

Where are they going to be based over here?

Steve

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Somewhere near the beach outside Auckland. they have a house on the beach up north but they have it rented out and want to be in a different area.
Don't know if I can do another Pacific crossing after so many in the 6 years I was flying out there. I guess if I want to see my grandkids again I may have to. They will grow up as Kiwis.:yikes
:D

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Somewhere near the beach outside Auckland. they have a house on the beach up north but they have it rented out and want to be in a different area.
Don't know if I can do another Pacific crossing after so many in the 6 years I was flying out there. I guess if I want to see my grandkids again I may have to. They will grow up as Kiwis.:yikes
:D
Cecil, like Steve say's Nothing wrong with us flightless buggers.:taunt We probably do more flying than what people think.
You know that if you do make across this way that you will have a couple of excellent places where you would be most welcome at in the South Island.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
S
Sorry to catch anyones attention with the heading, its not a K9 thread:laugh

Just put an out of office on my computer email saying that i am on annual leave until the 20th of October:dance

Putting a message on my work phone today with the same message:pepper

Jump on a plane thursday next week and head to LA/NYC:dj

Put the message on the email and phone to get people used to the fact that they will have to talk to someone else to get their problems sorted, and it allows me the opportunity to maybe help with any solutions or last minute things that i have forgot to organise

Feels good but strange, Lynette and i have been planning our trip to the USA for 5 years now, but each time we were ready to book things, life got in the way:cry1

Been storing up leave at work for two years so im ready for a break, neeeeed a break.:bricks:horse

Cant wait to get there and tick some bucket list things off:idea

Still got to find a B17 to have a flight in:D

See yall soon(ish)

Steve
Steve,
talking from experience and having just come back from there as you know, you and Lynette will be totally blown away with the US in more ways than one. The country is excellent and very changing as you go from state to state. The people are the best, Having had the pleasures to catch up with Brian, Ray, Paul and Dave and almost Phil :drunk:happy, I know that with being lucky to go to great bend that you will make a lot of new friends :clap, which i'm so envious for you but then as much as we wish we could do and go to everything it is just not possible. But i know you will share great bend experience with us when you get home.

Have an awesome trip and you will all be now totally anxious to get on that big bird.
Take care

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks Grub,
You too.
We will have to have a beer of three

Are you at the Angus Inn?

Steve

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Angus Inn for Fri, Sat & Sun.
not sure about Thurs, could be on the ground under a park bench :crazy

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Angus Inn for Fri, Sat & Sun.
not sure about Thurs, could be on the ground under a park bench :crazy

We are there from the thursday night, im sure we can put you up
We would not see our Southern Hemisphere cousins out in the cold (or dust as the case may be):hug

See you then

Steve