Z-11

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. I just read in one of my magazines, that back in '63, there was a Z-11 engine installed by the factory in a '63 Impala that ran a 10.8 at 128mph. Pretty fast if you ask me, Carmine.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Yea it was. It has had a different owner for quite a while though. It is the white Strickler/Jenkins car and is apparently the first Z11 off the assembly line!!!! There is a good article on this car and other factory lightweights in the Oct. issue of Hemmings "Muscle Machine" magazine, which btw, is the best car magazine on the planet. Lots of good muscle car stories for us or warriors but not much for the kiddies, (how to install a cam). Leo

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Yea it was. It has had a different owner for quite a while though. It is the white Strickler/Jenkins car and is apparently the first Z11 off the assembly line!!!! There is a good article on this car and other factory lightweights in the Oct. issue of Hemmings "Muscle Machine" magazine, which btw, is the best car magazine on the planet. Lots of good muscle car stories for us or warriors but not much for the kiddies, (how to install a cam). Leo

Yes, that is the car and magazine. That magazine is one of the best out there. Have had a subscription for a long time. Loved that entire article.