Another Z11 from Hemmings

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
As mentioned on CT, front fender V8 and bar trim is missing on this version. Was on the original car. Wonder why something so simple is missing?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Well, if Don brings the car to Great Bend that would be good question to ask him. Maybe he can document some reason that Jenkins removed them. That's also the car that is painted white on the underside.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tommy
Thought most of Jenkins older cars were painted on bottom for obvious reasons. That 61 4 speed I carried to Charlotte was old white paint even though it leaked all over my trailer!
Is the 63 the Jenkins car with the front bumper "extension"?
Robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I bought the magazine this morning!!! Great article!!!
If you get Super Chevy...Doug's Back in the Day column uses a picture in the article with all the cars from the 2004 Convention.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tommy
Thought most of Jenkins older cars were painted on bottom for obvious reasons. That 61 4 speed I carried to Charlotte was old white paint even though it leaked all over my trailer!
Robert
I ain't never gonna hear the end of my transmission getting grease in your trailer!!! I bought you an air fresher for the trailer, what else you want :D

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
StricklerDave3-63Chevy.jpg

As raced in the day. Maybe something to do with drilling holes in priceless aluminum.

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Tommy
Robert
Jenkins car? I see a Strickler car that Jenkins worked on? Dave Strickler owned every Old Reliable, Jiggs worked on them...

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Jody, some great photos thanks for posting
Not bad for a Furd guy, huh.....LOL;)

I think I have heard Dave ran into something with the car somewhere, maybe Indy and they had to fix the front end? They possibly just blew off putting the trim on after that. Or, maybe he got some super secret even lighter aluminum fenders without holes for trim later on? My guess and I'm pretty sure is it involved running into something and damage repair....

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I had a big handful those 63 fender bar trim pieces in my hands last night......hey! You don't think. . . NAH! Couldn't be. :rub