Dad crashed....

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We've run for the last ten years or so incident free. I had forgotten that feeling when your world is turned upside down in an instance to point where your existence is reduced to simply being grateful everyone is alive. Dad got sideways and hit the other car in the door. The other driver has a bruised leg. Aside from that they're good. The photog ended up getting the entire sequence.

20140913_143825_zps963a880c.jpg

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Things happen quick in cars that fast.
I guess it must have been scary to watch. :eek1 Thank god nobody was seriously hurt. :clap

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That car typically goes down any track without any drama. Not that time. Wayne did you see Little River had a fatality Friday night? Very sad.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
We started dad's engine and it's fine. Didnt even scratch the carbs when it went over. We get by with re-skinning it. He's been wanting a new camaro body. The expense will force him sit quite a while. I didnt think he had that many more years left anyways. I was to get my license next month in Baytown and that will likley never happen as my wife now thinks dad is, well I ain't saying it, but it would be over her dead body.

The part that saddens me the most is tearing someone else's stuff up. It's a known risk that they all accept but still hard to stomach.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
That car typically goes down any track without any drama. Not that time. Wayne did you see Little River had a fatality Friday night? Very sad.
No I did not Randy, been dove hunting all week end. did you get a name?

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
No I did not Randy, been dove hunting all week end. did you get a name?

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

I didn't but I heard it may have been a serviceman from Ft. Hood. The car apparently rode the steel guard rail where it sawed through the car with the front finally hitting the tree, killing the driver instantly.

image_1_zpsf6b8a752.jpeg