Hi from Australia

Hi my name's Rob. I purchased a 1960 Impala SS Coupe from a guy in San Francisco a few years back and had it shipped "down under" We had some locally assembled Impalas here in the 60's but no 2 doors. Its a very unique car down here, get's lots of attention. I have only seen 2 others in my home state of Victoria.

I am a 31 year veteran of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade here in Melbourne and I am also the coordinator of the Firefighters Classic Car Day in Melbourne. we are currently in the process of forming a Classic Car Club for Fire-fighters.

I will be seeking advice on parts from you other members as they do not exist in Australia.

In particular I am looking to replace the missing trim at the top of the rear window. It never came with it!

Cheers
RobIMG_0031.JPG

PB202006.JPG

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Welcome Rob, great looking 60!! If you hurry you can make it to our convention :D

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome aboard, there are a number of Melbournites on the forum.

good looking Impala Sport Coupe, is it a 348 ?

cheers

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hi my name's Rob. I purchased a 1960 Impala SS Coupe from a guy in San Francisco a few years back and had it shipped "down under" We had some locally assembled Impalas here in the 60's but no 2 doors. Its a very unique car down here, get's lots of attention. I have only seen 2 others in my home state of Victoria.

I am a 31 year veteran of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade here in Melbourne and I am also the coordinator of the Firefighters Classic Car Day in Melbourne. we are currently in the process of forming a Classic Car Club for Fire-fighters.

I will be seeking advice on parts from you other members as they do not exist in Australia.

In particular I am looking to replace the missing trim at the top of the rear window. It never came with it!

Cheers
RobView attachment 28981

View attachment 28982
Looks just like the one I had back in the day !:love:love
:dance3:flag:crazy224   1st night home with the 1960 Impala Coupe.jpg 224   1st night home with the 1960 Impala Coupe.jpg

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Beautiful Car Rob, Welcome to the site, you'll find everything you need on here,
You are now in with a Great group of guys.............so hang on :burnout

Martin