Corvair 409 project

NASTY 409

Banned
Yesterday I had to get some emergency machining done on the Mallory dist, I was not getting enough engagement with the oil pump drive shaft. My machinist buddy Paul cut about .066" of the base of housing to sink it a bit deeper into the block, should be good now. Today I filled the cooling system with coolant (distilled water) for the potential startup, I had a few airlocks in the system so I used my wet vac to pull the coolant thru the system and I think now its full without any air present. Heres some pictures :) 100_4255.JPG 100_4256.JPG 100_4257.JPG 100_4259.JPG

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That is an amazing piece of work. I would like to see, from a safe distance, what happens during a high-speed corner??? That has got to be a real handful!!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This is just really cool.....
I am wondering though..... are the armrest one the wrong doors??

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'd lost track of this somehow and hadn't gotten an email alert. I thought there just hadn't been any updates. Boy was I wrong!! You've come a long way Marv and it looks great. I was telling someone about your car just a few days ago at work. He was a regular customer who is into Fieros. He mentioned V8 swaps into those and I just had to tell him about your build. I'm excited for you that it's nearly done. Jason