Convention racing schedule

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Received a call from Hank, President of SRCA, with his schedule for the weekend.
Friday night is test and tune and everyone is invited to participate. Cost is $25 for the tech card. For the Division race on Sat., he has us all setup to run our own class. Again, $25 tech card required. I told Hank that we have some members, Travis Horton that I know for sure with his big block 1961, want to run with the Division class program. The cost on that varies with the class because those classes payout to the winners. Super Pro is $60 to run...pays winner $1000. Pro is $50 to run and pays $800 to win. Sportsman is $40 to enter and I didn't get the payout for that class. Now...any of us can get into these classes if you want. The rest of us will run in the 348-409 bracket.
We are getting a $20 3/day pass for everyone coming thru the gate. I know some will be coming Thursday and early Friday.......which is fine. The gate will not be open Thursday and probably not until noon Friday. So anyone coming in early when the gat is not open for business...please go back Friday afternoon to pay for your pass.
The plan for Sunday ....all show cars that do not race and want to drive down the track....line your cars up in the staging lanes BEFORE the Sunday Brunch. We will start the program with you driving down the track. Remember racers...you must have a $25 tech card for Sunday also. This is all a requirement of the track's insurance company. Then we will run one round of time trials and then the racing begins. Remember..winners of the 2 classes get $500 and runner ups get $250 courtesy of Jack Gibbs..409 Chevy Performance. THANKS JACK!!!! The winners of the 2 classes will run for a trophy. Sorry...no cash just a lousy trophy!!!!!
REMEMBER to wear the wrist brackets you receive when you come to the registration tent. They will be given to you with the receipt for your payment. You MUST have your bracelet to get into the Brunch.
Have a safe trip everyone. Drive carefully and we'll see you in Great Bend on Thursday or Friday!!!!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Phil, are you saying it's $25.00 each day for a tech card? Or do we pay $25.00 tech for the whole weekend?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I believe you get 1 tech card but each day costs $25 to race. Unfortunately, the track's insurance carrier requires this. Sorry.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Please, Mr. MacKenzie let me answere this one. " No Delay Boxes" Regards, Barry Taylor

Let's start a poll. I'll open another thread. We can vote on anything you want. I would ask you not vote if you're not racing, leave it up to the guys/gals who will be in competition. I've been the bad guy in the past and frankly don't give a crap how you run the race.

Look for the thread with the poll and cast you votes.