Dyno Don Z-11

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
I've been going through some old threads and saw that some of the remains of Dyno's Z-11 may survive? I saw that a Scott Cornwell in MI. "rebodied" the car some time ago. Does anyone have anymore information or current photos of the this car?

Does anyone have any information about Schartman's "Jackshaw" car? I always heard this was an "over the counter" car built from a six cylinder Impala and not a factory Z-11?

Also, I saw where Rusty Symmes had written some sort of booklet about Z-11 history but it was never widely published. Does anyone know how I could obtain a copy of this?

Thanks guys..

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Scott had that car back in 1994 when I bought my block from him. I heard he had finished it but nothing else. I did get to hold the bumper and it was light.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think he said they are going to bury it with his ashes on the front seat.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Does anyone have any information about Schartman's "Jackshaw" car? I always heard this was an "over the counter" car built from a six cylinder Impala and not a factory Z-11?

Thanks guys..

I've talked with the owner of this car several times. Do you want to talk with him about it's history Jody? If so, PM me your phone number and after Great bend...I will call him and give your number to him. I just don't want to give out anyone's number without their permission.

kast dick

phill reed , I have called a lot of times but you dont answer ( WHY ) you know why . be a man here and call me.

kast dick

wrong guess. and there a story but not ready to share it YET. scott sent me a picture fo him working under the white 63 , scott ,me and my son were talking with don about the car at his camp site, AT indy sc weekend years ago. still have the picture.

Doctor 64

Yes, Jack Shaw/Earl Evans car survives. My best guess from first hand review appears it started out as 250hp 4spd Impala, factory htr. delete.
Scott's car is a tribute car. Very well done body and paint work. Scott is an excellent painter. He knew Dyno very well and received his blessing to do the build. Original Dyno Z11 was wrecked.
...other Jody

troublemaker427

Well Known Member
Thanks for the great info guys.

Does any current day photos exist of the Dyno or Schartman car exist? Can someone maybe post them?

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I spoke to Nicholson a few times back in 1997 about the Z-11. He never thought much of that car and favored the '62 Bel Air much more and felt it ran stronger than the Z-11. He sold the Z-11 to a black contractor in '64 who per Nicholson, wrecked it a dragstrip in Atlanta which was made of gravel more than anything. The car was rolled a few times supposedly. The yellow '62 B/FX aluminum nose Impala he won with at the '62 Indy nats he sold to Hubert Platt called the Bounty Hunter. Hubert ran this car briefly before purchasing a Z-11 from John Hollingsworth later named the Georgia Shaker.

Attachments

• Dyno-Eon-Nicholson-62538_159161464110901_100000511467027_470095_732413_n.jpg
    Dyno-Eon-Nicholson-62538_159161464110901_100000511467027_470095_732413_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 6389351_orig.jpg
    6389351_orig.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 555652_orig.jpg
    555652_orig.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 40

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Would that be the same John Hollingsworth now residing in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas? Probably in his 70s or 80s now?

Best,
TomK

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
John Hollingsworth was out of Goldsboro NC at the time he owned and raced the Z-11. Car was delivered through Cobb Chev.