Happy Birthday! Lonnie

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Happy Birthday Lonnie!!!! If you heard me sing, you'd be happy I didn't make it to the Convention. I think this birthday will be a hard one to top.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Speciel day for a speciel guy... All the good guys have birthdays in September!!!:beer:cheers

Bill and Linda

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hope your birthday was good one Lonnie. Judging from the look on your face when Hayden gave you your trophy I think it was pretty good!

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Happy Birthday Lonnie, although i sang at trophy presentation. :D I was the baritone!!!!!:crazy:crazy Any way have a good day!!!!

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Speciel day for a speciel guy... All the good guys have birthdays in September!!!:beer:cheers

Bill and Linda
Yes Bill, you are one of the good people ! And your wife-mate ain't bad either!!!!

Dick, that was a "Pretty Good" moment!!

Nothing wrong with baritones! Thanks!!!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Happy birthday Lonnie!!! Ellen and I sure enjoyed talking with you and Scott again.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks all of you, I appreciate it! Clyde, the pleasure was all ours!
That's for sure Nuts. . Happy birthday Lonnie............:flag:pepper:dance
Dave, what happened with your car? Never got to talk to you after you backed away from the line.

Lonnie

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Lonnie

1st gear took a crap. I've been beating on that tranny for 3 years so I guess I can't complain too much. Too many 6400 rpm launch with a 4200# car. Just happened at a bad time. Missed all the fun.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Lonnie , why don't Scot do the racing with his car????? Are you quicker or what????:dunno:dunno

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lonnie, I was in the quire out of key I am sure...:drunk Great job running the 62'. I enjoyed visiting with you and Scott.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Hey Lonnie , why don't Scot do the racing with his car????? Are you quicker or what????:dunno:dunno
I won't get into the whole story here, but a little over 5 years ago Scott got his heel and ankle crushed at work. Long story short, after two surgeries the Doc says he has done all that is possible to try to get it to heal, but I think it is just in too many small pieces. He is in constant pain, not able to walk normal, and God forbid he stubs his toe or steps on a rock or makes a misstep. He did make 3 time runs Saturday, but using the clutch puts him in a lot more pain. And, being the great son that he is, he likes to see his Daddy have fun. He treats his Mother and I much better than we deserve for sure. He has street tires on the car and Friday I couldn't get it to hook till the middle of 3rd gear on three passes. I asked him to please try it Saturday. He had the same results. So Saturday night at the motel we hatched a plan. 2nd time run Sunday was half decent with a 13.24 @ 108. 3rd round of HR2 I was a little shy on launch rpm and bogged it. Could have given Joel a little better run had I bumped it up another 1000 rpm. Oh well!! Sorry for rambling, but thanks for asking.

Lonnie

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Lonnie, I was in the quire out of key I am sure...:drunk Great job running the 62'. I enjoyed visiting with you and Scott.
Thanks Dan. It was a pleasure meeting you and all of the others that we had not met before. We had a great time!!

Lonnie

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Lonnie, I would have never guessed that with the smile on his face, looked like he was having fun!!!