348-409 NATIONAL CONVENTION NO. 2

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
DR 64
I thought the " fully dressed" squad car was cool. It was the first time that I was ever tried to chase down a police car- it just seemed all wrong!!!! Thanks for bringing it. Mike

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anybody have any information about the Pre-historic Rat ?? I didn't get to see most of the time trials so I haven't heard how it did. Just curious.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We had a few little hiccups yesterday.. Including getting lost on a dirt road in Arkansas and loosing a bolt and spacer off the generator bracket. We made it into Memphis late last night. We took lots of pictures and I will start a new thread later with all our adventures.. Hope everyone else has safe travels.
Rick and Loreen

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I only got to launch one time. I didn't make it to the end of the strip. Don't tell me no one has a picture to post of that launch :cry. In the picture of me weeping at the fence, reference to " Who's this P.B." since my engine decided to eat the distributor gear I made the comment in the pit while cooking up sandwiches for anyone around, my
cars broke, just like at hunting camp if you don't hunt you cook! That's called the "camp bitch! I just said, hell, I guess I'm the "Pit Bitch". I didn't think anyone was listening.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Sure was good to meet some of ya finally, Bryan, Ron, Phil and Candy, Tom, and a whole bunch of others whose names I can't remember:doh

I took a couple short videos, I'll try to get em posted before too long. This event was an excellent motivator to get my junk put together:cool:

I've never seen that many 58-64 Chevys in one place before, and prolly half of em had 3-pedals:beer
:burnout
Phil, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to BS with ya longer, thanks very much for putting forth the effort to make this event come together. The T-shirts alone were bitchin dude, I love both designs. I hope you're able to put on another event like this next year. I'll be there ready to race with W-power and hopefully 3-pedals. Kevin

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I will be pulling the distributor soon to see exactly what happened. I have to find out if it was something I did wrong or just a component failure. I just can't seem to get a handle on this engine, this is the third problem in a string that has kept me from running the car at our meets. I show up but don't get to race. Very frustrating :bang The car came out strong, I think I could have made a mid 11's pass.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ray my mother told me that things seem to happen in threes so hopefully your troubles are over.

Let us know what you find about the distributor gear.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I gotta say thanks to Phil and all of his helpers for putting on another great event! :beer
Also, thanks to Jack Gibbs for putting up prize money for the racing! :beer
One more thing,,, the volunteer staff at the track were terrific! :beer

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
:yup

What a great time we had. It wouldn't have happened without all those people. But #1 are Phil & Candy.

Last edited:

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I will be pulling the distributor soon to see exactly what happened. I have to find out if it was something I did wrong or just a component failure. I just can't seem to get a handle on this engine, this is the third problem in a string that has kept me from running the car at our meets. I show up but don't get to race. Very frustrating :bang The car came out strong, I think I could have made a mid 11's pass.
Ray,
I watched the one pass that you made. I thought the car was really strong until it quit. Looked good, got to be frustrating. Glad I don't race anymore, I never drag raced, just circle track but I remember all those nights bringing a tore up race car home. Anyway, it was good to see you.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Ray, what was the gear material that failed? Does the oil pump still turn freely? Leo