Convention fun facts

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That dragster is nice! :beer
I notice the little train engine on the side has #818 on it. 2 x 409 = 818
It looks like they designed it to take two engines.

I remember that one of our members "Wagon 409" built a twin engine dragster. The original plan was to use 409's but in the end he opted for BBC power. (I think he already had most of the BBC stuff)

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You are right Jim...it had both a blown and injected 409 in the rail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got pictures of that somewhere. Maybe Dick..my IT guy...could find them faster than I can!!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Phil... Do you have any stats on how many drove their cars to the convention?? I can think of four off the top of my head...
Rick

We drove the T-Bird to Great Bend from a little west of St. Louis and was almost 1000 miles round trip.

Thompson Ohio is almost 1400 miles round trip for us (did that 3 times).

Who else drove their 348 or 409 powered car?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Kim Thompson from northern CA. 63 425HP SS convertible!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to all who made the trip the WHOLE EXPERIENCE!!!! Randy Jerkins drove his red 48 (I hope I'm right) with a small block.

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, I guess our 61 is yours, You are the highest bidder by throwing in the highest bid. If you remember in Great Bend you offered us one hundred fifty dollars, 2 of your best milking goats and two of your best laying hens for the car. I surely hope they are good for we drink a lot of goats milk and eat a lot of eggs. Tell me when you want to make the trade. From you I will take a check.. Butch

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, I guess our 61 is yours, You are the highest bidder by throwing in the highest bid. If you remember in Great Bend you offered us one hundred fifty dollars, 2 of your best milking goats and two of your best laying hens for the car. I surely hope they are good for we drink a lot of goats milk and eat a lot of eggs. Tell me when you want to make the trade. From you I will take a check.. Butch
Butch,
I'll meet that bid and throw in a trunk full of skunk cabage...:deal

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I know a little about Kims trip to and from CA. on the way his car overheated due to his rad cap not being on tite, then we noticed his fan clutch was shot and could not locate one locally I offered mine for the trip home, he thought his would make it which it did. Then before getting home he developed a fuel leak spraying gas all over underhood, luckily no fire, was able to patch it up and make it home. good job Kim :clap

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I know a little about Kims trip to and from CA. on the way his car overheated due to his rad cap not being on tite, then we noticed his fan clutch was shot and could not locate one locally I offered mine for the trip home, he thought his would make it which it did. Then before getting home he developed a fuel leak spraying gas all over underhood, luckily no fire, was able to patch it up and make it home. good job Kim :clap
I hadn't heard any of that Pat!!!! Glad to hear he arrived back home safely!!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

Kim said he drove over 2,000 miles to Great Bend. He also said he is not a member here, but has been lurking around for quite some time..............:pokeCome on Kim, join up and tell your story...........:taunt:taunt

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Kim said he drove over 2,000 miles to Great Bend. He also said he is not a member here, but has been lurking around for quite some time..............:pokeCome on Kim, join up and tell your story...........:taunt:taunt
And Kim....send your registration fee to Dave Coots, PO Box 33900....... ..........., IA 99999!!!!!!!!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We drove the T-Bird to Great Bend from a little west of St. Louis and was almost 1000 miles round trip.

Thompson Ohio is almost 1400 miles round trip for us (did that 3 times).

Who else drove their 348 or 409 powered car?
Clyde,
I knew you guys drove the T Bird, Tom K drove his Bel Air, Kim in the '63 from California, and us in our '61... Just wondered if there was anybody else??:dunno
Rick