Ottawa Shooting today

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A guy walked up to the honour guard at our War Memorial today and shot and killed one soldier at point blank range. He left there and went into the Parliment buildings where all our Members of Parliament were in attendance. The entrance is not heavily guarded but near the entrance is the office of the Sergeant At Arms, who is a bureaucrat who supervises a staff 3000 people in Ottawa. He works unarmed in an office, but has a gun handy. He grabbed it and killed the guy. Next thing he did was go back in his office and reload, just in case there was anyone else coming in the front door. One of his security people was wounded, but not one else in the Parliament buildings was hurt.

A true hero, a 58 year old former Mountie, he knew what to do. Kevin Vickers.

Don

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Anyone who does this type of killing is a coward. Taking the life of an unaware person is the act of someone who would not have the courage to face another on the battle field. My sympathy to the fallen hero and his family. To the coward, may your soul rot in hell. God bless Canada.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
It is the cowardly crap such as this that should reinforce, here in our own country, our right to keep and bear arms. The Sergeant At Arms, by the grace of God and training, most likely prevented other government officials from being harmed. My prayers will be with the families of those who were injured or killed in this tragic incident.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Anyone who does this type of killing is a coward. Taking the life of an unaware person is the act of someone who would not have the courage to face another on the battle field. My sympathy to the fallen hero and his family. To the coward, may your soul rot in hell. God bless Canada.
Amen

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Leave it to a terrorist to attack un armed people from a country who only lends us/un support when asked and stays un-involved in most world affairs.

I hope they (canadian gov.) dont jam feel-good liberal gun legislation down everyones thorat again like they did with the last shooting.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9

Well put Ray. My prayers for the guard who was slain and his family.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:yup:lame:censor
Coward is too good a word. What do we call these bunch of low life scums of the earth who recruit innocent kids to do the dirty work for them too.
Our hearts go out to those who have been affected.

Gav

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
soldiers_at_memorial.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

The dead soldier is on the left, picture taken a few minutes before the shooting by a tourist. The shooter came our from behind the monument, the guns the guards carry are ceremonial.

We have an editorial cartoonist in Halifax who captured the event this way:

Brucex23%20RGB_12.jpg

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The soldier who was shot and killed, as all honor guards that have this post, was basically unarmed. The weapon he and others carry are minus a firing pin. I have a hunch the limp prick coward that attacked and killed this man knew this. God bless Canada.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The soldier who was shot and killed, as all honor guards that have this post, was basically unarmed. The weapon he and others carry are minus a firing pin. I have a hunch the limp prick coward that attacked and killed this man knew this. God bless Canada.

I doubt he was that intellegent

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Don't sell these nitwit's short. His mother is a high mucky muck in immigration. I would think he knew something of the workings around parliament.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Here's a picture of the soldier that got killed... Corporal Nathan Cirillo

w.jpg

Here's the looser that shot him...

x.jpg

This is the Sergeant at arms walking back to reload after shooting the terrorist.

y.jpg

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow Jim, hadn't seen that picture. Thanks.

They are describing this as a terrorist assault.

He used a 30-30 Winchester rifle, bolt action. Thanks god he had no friends with better guns.