Tale of 2 Pontiac's

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tommy, great looking Panchos!!
Always been favorites of mine. Most people do not know how Pontiac was way ahead of everyone else in performance. Good for you for keeping them going. Pat

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I think the "Tin Indian" name came from the Bill Koffel (sp?) Pontiacs that Arlen Vanke raced. On another note, Arlen has suffered two or three strokes in recent months and is currently in a nursing home. Please keep him in your prayers.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Tommy, great looking Panchos!!
Always been favorites of mine. Most people do not know how Pontiac was way ahead of everyone else in performance. Good for you for keeping them going. Pat
:yup Very Nice

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Very nice Tommy..........:beer:beer........you're havin' way too much fun with those 61's........:cool:
Love the look.........:love
:cheers
bj

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Usually when I say "That's a Great Pair" I'm talking to a woman but in this case great looking pair of cars.

Bill

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Can't remember when or where i first heard the Tin Indian name used ,maybe it was the Pontiacs that Dick talked about and it became a Pontiac thing?

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I heard the term Tin Indian in the late 50's. Pontiac Chieftain, in the early/mid 50's had an Indian hood ornament
pimage_149.jpg

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes that would be a law suit.I remember those hood ornaments,what ever happened to american cars?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What happened.....=we went from a land of '"Of the people,by the people,and for the people" to a land of "Of the lawyers,by the lawyers,for the lawyers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I think the "Tin Indian" name came from the Bill Koffel (sp?) Pontiacs that Arlen Vanke raced. On another note, Arlen has suffered two or three strokes in recent months and is currently in a nursing home. Please keep him in your prayers.
Dick , Wasn't the name "TIN INDIAN " used on the aluminum fender / door / trunk / and bumper Pontiac "Super Duty cars " ?:rub:scratch:dunno
:crazy:dance3:flag

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick , Wasn't the name "TIN INDIAN " used on the aluminum fender / door / trunk / and bumper Pontiac "Super Duty cars " ?:rub:scratch:dunno
:crazy:dance3:flag
As my wife so often corrects me it's not tin foil it's aluminum foil....:pan . She grew up in aluminium town...

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
When I was a young'n we had a neighbor and he had a car, I think it was a pontiac with a hood ornament that lit up. Was that a Pontiac or a Dodge or what? I think I was about 6 years old or so. The hood ornament looked to me like the Pontiac one but it was 60 or 61 years ago.