The Bell Ringer

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The bell ringer was getting old so he posted his job in the classifieds. A couple days later he heard a knock on the door so the bell ringer went to the door which was about 200' down the steps from the top of the tower to the door below. When he opened the door a fellow with no arms said he was there for the job. The bell ringer asked how can you ring the bell without any arms? He said he could do it and really needed the work. So-o-o the bell ringer decided to give him a try but had no idea how he was going to do it. When the fellow got to the top he took off running as fast as he could and hit his head on the bell to ring it and all it did was make a tink. The bell ringer said you cannot ring the bell but the guy insisted stating he really needed the job so he took off running faster this time and hit the bell head on with his head and although it was a little louder tink it was no where close to ringing the bell. The bell ringer said no more but the guy got back as far as he could and ran faster yet for that bell yelling I NEED THIS JOB but when he hit the bell his head, his head was not in the center but to the side and he glanced off the bell and he went over the railing 200' down to the ground. The bell ringer went down to the street and there he was laying on the ground with towns people all around him. The bell ringer held him in his arms and one of the towns people asked "do you know this guy?' And the bell ringer answered, I really can't say that I do, but his face rings a bell.

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
More to the story:

The armless guy's brother arrives and runs up and rings the bell and he also falls to the ground. One of the towns people asked "do you know this guy?' And the bell ringer answered, I really can't say that I do, but he's a dead ringer for this other guy.

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I like Clyde's ending better.. I have told that joke for years but have never really heard the ending...Good one..:poke:poke

And Dan if you come back here I might have to take your offer up on the trunk load of skunk weed over Phil's offer but you know I have smelled that stuff and I do not know whether to eat it or try smoking it.