Convention DVDs

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Well, I finalized the contracts for the Convention DVDs today!!!! This is by far the largest expense of this whole event!! It's the same company that did it for me in 2004. Those of you that have that DVD will know what I mean. Their customers include ESPN when they come to town, The KC Royals, and YEN.......Yankees Entertainment Network!!
We will have 2 camera men on site all 3 days. The film they use is all high definition this time. We will try to capture everything possible. The racing of course, the Sunday Brunch, all the cars at the event, we will have interviews with car owners and attendees. Not to mention any names but the Kiwis from down under are prime targets!!!!
The 2004 Convention was a "static" display.....meaning the cars were just parked in the motel parking lot for a couple of days and then the big day at the KCI Expo Center. That DVD is 1 1/2 hours long with the last 30 minutes being the seminar that Lamar put on for us. This year will be much more action packed. When I talked with the producer this morning, he said we can get 2 1/2 hours of film on a single DVD. After editing, if needed, we might need a 2-pack set. The price stays the same.
Like in 2004, registered participants will have a form that they can fill out and prepay and the DVD will be sent at no charge. I will offer the same to members of the forum. This obviously helps me greatly. The DVDs should be ready to ship in 4 to 6 weeks. Just in time for your own Christmas present!!!

The 2004 DVDs sold for $39.95 so obviously inflation and prices have escalated. This year will have raised our price to $40.00!!!!!!!!!! I just like round numbers better. I want to keep this real simple for the forum members that can't attend. The 2014 DVD is $40 and if you want a $2004 DVD also, it is just $20. Just PayPal me either $40 or $60 and I will know what you want. PayPal will have your shipping address so I will have all I need. The cutoff date for ordering these on line will be Fri., Oct.3...the week after the Convention. Just email your PayPal payment to 348409natlconv2@turnkeymail.com. If you live in Missouri, you must add 5.6% sales tax.

I'm going to post this complete thread into the REGISTRATION and TRACK FACTS thread to make sure everyone will see this.

Thank you ALL again for your support!!!

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi Phil, I won't be at the convention but would like a DVD. Do you need any extra added to the payment to cover PayPal fees and shipping?

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Phill,

Is there any further reports on the convention DVD, are they available?

Just curious

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We met with the video people about a week and a half ago. They are shooting for around Thanksgiving...either before or right after. As soon as I have a date....I'll let you know.
Thanks.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Butch called me yesterday asking about the dvd. I thought they were not available before they were released?:dunno

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Butch called me yesterday asking about the dvd. I thought they were not available before they were released?:dunno
Dan....reread your statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are not available until they are released!!!!!! We had a prepay form at the Convention. They will be ready to ship around Thanksgiving. Anyone who prepaid get free shipping.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, there was so much happening in the registration tent I can't remember if I signed up for the DVD or not.
Is there anyway to find out?

Dave Krueger
Royaloak62

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil, does that paypal account go directly to you, or to the dvd people? I don't mind either way so don't think that is why I'm asking.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Hey Phil, can you please check and see if I paid for the DVD when I hauled all that memorabilia out of the tent?

If not, would like to place an order!

TomK

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's my PayPal account. What was the reason for asking?
Because when I'm sending money to someone I know and trust, I send it as a "gift to friends/family" so that you don't get charged a paypal fee. Those 3.5%'s add up I know. No use in you being out that.
I wish I had asked Bob about that before just following the paypal link when donating to the site recently. (Sorry Bob) Hopefully I'll remember to next time.