Intake swap

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I think I might swap out the performer for the rpm performer on my 69 C-10 as it is built pretty stout 202 heads and headers and a 700r4 and put the 2101(performer) on my mild 327 in the Impala.Motor is a step above stock, 30 over 327 power pack heads and a TH350 STOCK DUAL EXH. 2". Just feel that it would be better suited for as the cam in the 69 is a little bigger 465I/E lift power starts at 2k compared to the other which is 420 I/ 442 E power starts at 1500 rpm.Any other ideas our am I over thinking this Just picked up A 600 EDEL. carb. and the PERFORMER RPM manifold for a steal of a deal.Any thoughts

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Nothing wrong with the RPM manifold at all,but I doubt that you'll notice much difference in the performance of either engine.Both are great products.CONGRATS ON THE DEAL.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
I guess I'm over thinking it,I was looking at the rpm band on each manifold 0-5500 (performer)versus 1500/6500(rpm performer).

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Probably worth a good 10 to 15 HP, but that is not enough to ever really notice on the street.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If you have the parts it is worth doing. Like the above said, you might not feel it on the butt dyno, but it sure won't hurt either.

Kaycee

Well Known Member
Ready for the top end on the Impala sitting on the engine stand,so no biggie there, just have to get another set of intake gaskets and do the 69, then I can drill the oil spout out and stab it on the 63.Thanks