New Guy From Finland!

Impala60

Well Known Member
Hi I'm Niko and I live in Finland (Yep, here in Northern Europe).

I'm only 17 years old right now, but my Birthday is in a couple of weeks. Currently I'm building a '60 Impala 2D HT and I'm planning to get it driveable for the next summer. It has a Matching Numbers 283 and a PG for now.

DSCN0123.JPG

I also run Stock Eliminator with my dad, we have a 1974 Chevrolet Chevelle that runs in K/SA with a 350 SBC. Last summer I finished the 6th on Finnish Championship points, ran a couple of records with the car and got a couple of round wins too.

DSCN1468.JPG

I'm a great fan of Rock 'n' Roll & Rockabilly music too. I just wish that the bands came to Finland more often...:D

This looks like a great forum overall and I'm planning on posting a Project Thread about the Impala as soon as I have time to do it. Thanks for approving my account!

-Niko

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Welcome to this great site Niko! Nice looking '60. That's a cool Chevelle also. Looking forward to seeing your build thread.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome aboard Niko. Great looking 60'. Post lots of pics of your build. Looking forward to seeing more.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Come on in the water is fine, lots of info here. good looking 60!!

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
wow....welcome Nikko.........great people :hug here and tons of W advice and anything
else you might want to ask....:rub....great to see young people like yourself picking up the hobby....:bow and
especially from Europe...........nice looking 60 - enjoy the ride...........:beer
:cheers
bj

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:welcome Beautiful '60 and very cool Chevelle too! Great to see interest from the younger generation.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome Niko,

You are a very lucky young man, keep up the good work, ask lots of questions because there is much to learn.

Cheers

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site......... Nice rides,congrats!!!!......you've got a nice early start in the life of hot rodding.....you should consider yourself very fortunate

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome from another Finlander, My great grandparents came over from Polvijärvi area in Finland in the late 1800's to become farmers in South Dakota.
Nice ride, good to see younger people interested in good old fashioned muscle.

Impala60

Well Known Member
Wow, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! The more I've been surfing around this site, the better I like it. Lots of information and great people who are willing to share their information.

Jim: That Phantom 409 sounds really good. I had not heard of that one before, but now I really have to check it out when I find list of their future gigs. Your '55 looks very good too, just the way I like them. Low 10 second pass is really fast, too.

Flathead Racing's '60 Impala looks very good too. I like the stance and those texts are a great addition for sure. Great to see a 409 car that runs so well.

I have been in many American Car events here in Finland since I was a little boy. I've always been interested in these early '60s cars but since they're really expensive I never thought that I had a chance of having one in the garage this early. Really I was trying to find me a '64-'66 Plymouth Valiant (even if it's a Mopar) or Chevy II as my first car. Many of those things were imported in Finland when they were new and they were used as taxis. All of them had six cylinder engines of course and they were four door sedans and nowadays many of them are rusty as well so they would have required lots of work to get running.
Anyway when my dad suggested that I could build this car for myself (he had parked it in our summer cottage's garage five years earlier), I took the chance right away. Well as you can probably guess I'm really building this one on a budget as a high school student who doesn't have too much extra money. The Chevy Van on the back is my daily driver so it's not the cheapest either.

But I'm really happy to be able to build a car for myself this young... It's something I've always been dreaming of.

I will post the project pictures into Projects section as soon as I get older pics of this car scanned in digital form and then you can see its history much better.

Thanks again.

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
For sure a good group here. I was looking for a good forum for x-frame chevys. Spent some time here and pretty much had to join. Glad I did.

Impala60

Well Known Member
Yep pretty much the same thing here. I tried searching a good forum for these cars as well and this looked like the right place. It's really great to have own forums for specific cars.