scrap yard flick 1970's

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ugh.... Makes you wonder:rubFor every one we save how many were lost?? 1000?? 5000?? :dunno

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
What was the total US manufacture for all brands 3-4 million per year from 49 through to the late 60's, 60,000,000 cars

It is hard to watch though, through that economic oil crisis of the 70's people wanted those iddy bitty cars, and this is where most of the stuff we like ended up, then the scrap prices of the 2000's helped clear a lot more.

I am glad to be able to preserve some history and have fun at the same time.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I didn't even click play and am depressed just seeing the first image above. That '62 wagon looks like my old 59 sedan delivery did when I found it. We had 17 cars stolen and when we found them (well 13 of them anyway) the sedan delivery was sitting on top of one car and had 2 more piled on top of it. It needed floors but was pretty solid otherwise. I had promised a member here that if he would fix it and not just part it out, he could buy it for scrap price which was about $300. That was about ten years ago. Still burns me up to think about it. I got the $300 or so from the scrap yard, but hate that it was lost forever. Oddly, karma/fate/whatever you want to call it caught up with the 3 crooks who stole them. 1 died of a drug overdose/drowning, 1 lost his leg under a car at his home - not sure if it was a stolen car or not and later died from who knows what, and the 3rd is doing a long sentence for other crimes a few years later.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Like I have said many times, if we would have known then what we know now many of those cars would have a good home now.