New guy from New Zealand

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ya........... Bowie's knife was bigger than mine.......and Jim Beam is good to have around for a laugh or two...:drunk
Martin
When we left great bend we did a fair bit of travellin round and one of the things on our bucket list was the alamo. In NZ we learn a lot of US history etc due to the fact that our country is so young we dont have history:crazy and yhe history from europe doesnt involve guns and petrol
anyhow i wanted to buy a genuine usa made bowie knife and thought that the alamo would be the place. I didnt realise that there was a chinese foundary at the alamo in 1836.
everything was bloody chinese.
really pissed me off.
any was bought a couple of smith and wesson knives as a cabellas.
the chinese can just piss off as far as im concerned
sorry for the rant and thread hijack
steve

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome aboard, nice wagon.

Watch out for Gav and Steve, seriously though, they are both good blokes. And make sure you ask plenty of questions, most of the guys on here were brought up with these old X frames and the odd perimeter.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hey Steve, I went to Bonneville, skipped a stone 6 times across the surface of the water. :crazy:crazyIMG_1198.JPG DSCN0644.JPG

and Gav speaking of Kiwi's

Teighlor

Cheers for the comments and welcomes!
Have sent you a message tripower thanks mate.
Will definitely utilise the older members knowledge! They grew up during a time I'll only ever be able to dream about! For that, I'll be forever envious haha
A very happy Thanksgiving to you guys on the other side of the world!

Teighlor

This is an award my hot rod club awards annually to the best Chev in the club. I won it this year for the '52. Realistically I think this is as close to a 409 as I'm ever going to get haha. They used this rocker cover because the bloke who owned it was building a 409 powered '60 Impala at the time he passed away.

Apologies for posting massive pics every time, I'm not sure how to post a thumbnail that you click to enlarge.
Cheers

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
This is an award my hot rod club awards annually to the best Chev in the club. I won it this year for the '52. Realistically I think this is as close to a 409 as I'm ever going to get haha. They used this rocker cover because the bloke who owned it was building a 409 powered '60 Impala at the time he passed away.

Apologies for posting massive pics every time, I'm not sure how to post a thumbnail that you click to enlarge.
Cheers
Leave them as massive pics. Some of the guys dont see too well on here.:D or maybe thats just after a bit of hooligan juice. Or shine as it is called over there

steve

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep leave tbe pics as they are. If you post them as a thumbnail then we have to open them indevidualy and will skip viewing them sometimes as its a hassle to veiw close veiw close. Great award by the way.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
Nah she wasn't skidding haha just cruising along! Bought it from Upper Hutt and had to drive it to Auckland so I didn't want to drive like a looney and not make it! Only got as far as Huntersville before she let go!! I've actually only done 200 odd kms in it haha, itching to cruise!!
Bearings on the way from Aussie through Saeco and new brake shoes through BNT, might as well do both sides whilst the diff's out of the car!
Sweet 59! Love the finned wagons!:)
I'm actually on the hunt for an original steering wheel which is going to be a mission for anyone to find I'd imagine! Has a horrible little 13.5in wheel in it which makes it fun to turn without power steering haha. Going to try find a 59, 60, 61 steering wheel.

My '52 I sold to get the wagon

Cheers again!

51's &52's have always been favorites of mine. Money and space is all that's keeping me from having another one. :D

Lonnie