New kid from ohio

mike matheos

Supporting Member 2
I have been a car guy all my life. My dad had a Sohio service station that kept me busy learning about cars and work. we also lived on a farm so it was a double helping of work. when i was in high school there were three Gassers in the student parking lot. one was a 52 Chevy with a Cadillac motor and 4 speed trans. the other two were falcons. one had a high performance 289 and the other had a 389 Pontiac. both of the falcons also were four speed cars. About five years ago i came across a falcon sitting under a tarp only three miles from my house. a good friend had a complete 348 motor and offered it to me for my project. its been the best five years of my life. i now have a 61 falcon Gasser with a 409 motor (stroked 348) and a lenco 4 speed. I found this place wile looking for a real 409 block. thanks to everyone for all the great information and advise. Mike Matheos

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I had looked at your album pics yesterday too, but somehow missed that you run a Lenco. That's gotta be WILD!!!
Hey Jim, I bet a Lenco would be cool in the Phantom 409 '55!!!! I've always kinda wanted a Clutch-Turbo (TH400).

bobs409

Administrator
Wow! I thought I was watching Two lane blacktop! You guys ever think of acting? :D

Up until this very moment, I didn't care for Falcons. I do seem to like this one. :burnout

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cool as it comes, looks like a real handful if you hammered it as hard as you can.

Don

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site New Kid Mike............I like your car,saw and commented in the new media pictures.always liked them Falcons,64's my favorite.....these were at Beloit autorama this fall
IMAG0848.jpg IMAG0847.jpg

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Welcome to the site.
The Falcon reminds me of the 61 my cousin had when I was in high school. It had a 170 that was bored .125 and had 12:1 compression pistons, Clifford intake with a 4 barrel, split headers and I don't know what else. It also had a Camaro 12 bolt with 5.38 gears and a straight front axle; it was a wicked little car and said "little cuss" on the side. We ran it on the 1/8th at Salem Missouri a few times but could never find a transmission that would work behind the 6 cylinder ( one other bad thing about Fords). One day the clutch blew and we had to go out and dig the pieces out of the track; they told him not to bring it back if he couldn't make it safe!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Been meaning to welcome you to the site Mike!!! Great group of guys here!!!
I started buying 409 engines 34 years ago. One of my first purchases was a 340HP engine. The seller told me it came out of a 64 Falcon race car!!!! the engine was painted bright yellow!!!! The short block is long gone but I still have the yellow heads!!!!