The deep end.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'm type II diabetic. I don't buy snacks or keep them in the house. I'm looking at the suet cakes tonight. Help :pray

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I'm type II diabetic. I don't buy snacks or keep them in the house. I'm looking at the suet cakes tonight. Help :pray
I am too Ray, and the last 5-6 months I have had a terrible time not giving in to temptation. Used to be able to say no or just walk by with no desire to cheat. Guess I need to try one of those "New Years Resolutions", whaddya think? :dunno Maybe it's just a seasonal thing for both of us. :rub Hang tough!

Lonnie

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Ray, Lonnie,
I get tested for Diabetes each year as it runs in the family.
I have a real sweet tooth as well, which dont help much
Dont know about you guys but im fine with sweet things and dont crave them to the point that i would go and get them , BBBuuuttt if there is chocolate int he house i can sniff it out and it is gone.:(
Have a failing with it that if its not there it dont bother me but if its there i have to have it:doh

Hope you can both control the urge till after the holidays:hug
Steve

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
My Mom was a diabetic. She died in 1988 at 72 years old. It runs in the family. I am diabetic also . I try every day to control my eating habits. My doctor has me on "GLYBURIDE" ..1 pill every morning. He says that it is now under control.:pray My nephew was diabetic had his pancreas removed He shot insulin every day until the operation. The downside of all this is that he now has NO immune system. I guess I'm lucky !:pray
:crazy:cheers

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Both sides of my family also. Skipped Mom & Dad. My sister has been on insulin for 50 years, and my brother for 42 years. I have only been dealing with it for about 15 years and am lucky enough to still only be on the pills. But if I don't get my act together I may wind up on insulin. Don't need that.

Lonnie

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Hang in there guys....take care of yourselves. As we all know they ain't selling good health down at Wal Mart.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Both sides of my family also. Skipped Mom & Dad. My sister has been on insulin for 50 years, and my brother for 42 years. I have only been dealing with it for about 15 years and am lucky enough to still only be on the pills. But if I don't get my act together I may wind up on insulin. Don't need that.

Lonnie

I think they are working on it at Jack Daniels, trying to put it directly in bourbon:D

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I think they are working on it at Jack Daniels, trying to put it directly in bourbon:D

Steve
Would be better if they put it in beer, never was much of a liquor fan. But..............about once a year I will do some Southern Comfort and 7-up. I believe that is supposed to be sipping whiskey, but naturally I don't sip it. It hits me pretty quick. I think I have a little bit in the cabinet that I've had for 3-4 years. May have to taste it sometime in the next couple of weeks. :crazy

Lonnie

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I find Crown Royal to be both sweet and solve the problem of relieving my doldrums during this Holiday Season :).

My most recent check up pointed to "borderline diabetes" and given that my Mom has diabetes I suspect I need to start looking at diet.

We're in the middle of "Finals Weeks" here at Mizzou so it's a big press and then a big letdown after I post final scores. Combine that with the early sunsets and the colder weather, that sets up a scenario that just slows me down to a crawl. I need a project for the winter, so I'm looking around the basement for something to play with. Think I found a candidate :).

Happy Holidays to all!

TomK

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Would be better if they put it in beer, never was much of a liquor fan. But..............about once a year I will do some Southern Comfort and 7-up. I believe that is supposed to be sipping whiskey, but naturally I don't sip it. It hits me pretty quick. I think I have a little bit in the cabinet that I've had for 3-4 years. May have to taste it sometime in the next couple of weeks. :crazy

Lonnie

I have to admit i am more of a beer drinker myself, drunk to much spirits when i was young and now dont really like it that much:barf1
But that mason jar stuff was not bad at all, i think i could get used to that.:drunk
Might have to go to Michigan to find some:crazy:think

Take care over the holidays Lonnie

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Steve. You and your Family take care also. Woke up with a cough this morning. Marianne and I ran some errands a while ago, so I stopped by "The Store" and picked up a bottle of "The Comfort". Will see if that takes away the cough!! I have a quart of "That Stuff" in the garage 'fridge, but it and me just don't get along.

Lonnie

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Pappy(Last60) I used the Half jar to gargle and take bad taste of meds out of mouth twice a day for two days and came back to life. Good medicine still have cough so headed for other jar now.:brow

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yep, you're sounding better. Just be verrrrrrrryyyy careful mixing those jars and meds!! :rub:crazy :doh :barf1

Dad