65 409 project

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
20141128_073300.jpg My 63 is done so now is the time to get this one looking nice but it is now a running driving project with a very rough body. Just trying to figure pics out so don't mind me if this doesn't go so well.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
20141221_193436.jpg 20141221_193511.jpg 20141221_193419.jpg 20141221_193450.jpg I also have some pics of my other 65 I got about a year ago for free all I had to do for the guy was rebuild a muncie for him and he even delivered it. It was missing most of everything but already had all of the rust fixed already and is a plain impala but it hasa tunneled rammed 396 with a 4 speed and I have gathered all the ss parts I need Iincluding

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thought that was another 65 on the side of the pic. Should be real nice. Keep us posted please....

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The 409 65 is all new mechanically and everything works, I just plan on putting new quarters on it and redoing the inside and leave all stock but yes a little more than a buff job. The 396 car is my hot rod car and will be just like the one I drove in high school in 87, 88 complete with the tunnel ram. Back then I was pulled over by every cop in town and never once got a ticket as my dad was a cop. They did threaten me a lot though ha ha.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was harassed lot's of times also. Some were warranted though. Some were real cool, when they didn't have to be. Some were just punks. However, I didn't try and run, assault them etc. Seems many people think that's ok now. And they wonder why they get shot etc. Anyway very cool 65's. Please please please, post pics and keep us updated. This is my 4th 65. 2 convertibles, 2 hardtops. I could only dream of having one in high school, however I was hooked on all the impalas, the 65 is just one of my favorites. 61, 62, and 60 follow in that order. Hell, I would have hundreds of cars if I could afford them. All kinds of makes and models. 37 ford cabriolet, oh yeah.... Ok back to the 65 :D

RED65

Well Known Member
One of those could be the twin to mine. Just got to get me an engine.

Attachments

• 65 028.JPG
    65 028.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 17

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:burnoutI have the perfect 65 409 NOS motor for those looking.:)

Quik9r
Burlington, Ont

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I only wished I could afford to put another engine in the garage at this time. Every time I see that NOS 65 409 on this board I always hope no-one will buy it till I can get some extra cash :bang I do wish you the best on a sell though :grumble :D Maybe I could sell that truck I never use :scratch

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sweet. I would take both of those. I love the tunnel ram car. Had biscayne with a mild 396 4spd. ran great. Just wish my current one would run......good luck

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
8463542_1_l.jpg First new 1965 i saw on street driven pulled up beside me at stoplight was a Super Sport. Color was evening orchid , black interior with 396 flag's Hp and Tranny unknown, a good looking car. Always liked that color on a 65.