muscle car madness 2015

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Y'all have the fever that's for sure. You guy's are nuts. Great cars, clean, detailed. Great looking W's. Make's me proud. Damn if I'm not feeling a little knackerd!
Knackerd = :tired:yawn
deepsleep.gif
:sleep3

Gav

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
20150124_172629.jpg
Friend Tim Shaw has this pickup that they put a tarp in and filled up with water so they could cruise around and keep cool at the same time
20150124_172621.jpg
That is our daughter Caitlin getting in at the back
20150125_132246.jpg
All we needed was Steve Bolanders 58 chevy Impala and the Pharaohs to show up
20150125_140242.jpg
A lot of nice Pontiacs and other breeds were there
20150124_160807.jpg
The odd bug was there
20150125_133827.jpg
Caitlin with her hair done in retro style by another bug (this one not squashed)

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
This event is pretty politically un correct.
You can drive around (after the public leaves at 5pm) until 10PM with open headers
From 10pm till midnight cruising allowed with capped headers (keeps neighbors happy)
You can have a wagon with 4 people in the front seat, four in the back seat and as many as you can fit in the rest of it and drive around as long as you are not drunk (driver that is) or stupid to the point that some one falls out
Not supposed to have booze in a vehicle but if you are not stupid and keep it out of sight security are pretty good.
It goes for four days with cruises to local areas for lunch, museum trips (cars and historical stuff etc) around 15-20 different bands play over the weekend, burn out competition, prizes for cars
Very good event and has been going for 25 years
focus is on American or Australian muscle cars, hot rods, custom cars and hotted up others and the VWs sneak in with other cars

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I may just take you up on that...:brow

Offer is always there
If you wanted to escape the cold you could come out to Auckland Kumeu hotrod show and swap meet is the 3rd weekend of Jan, gives you 3 days to drive 1000km, swim across Cook Straight and be in Christchurch on the following wednesday for Muscle car madness. or you could do a southern car show in Cromwell the weekend before MCM usually 800+ cars only a 1 day show.
then for a laid back run in the first weekend of Feb you have the Danseys pass run about 350KM south of here
I can plan your whole stay, heaps of people to stay with in different parts of the country and could get a car sorted to cruise the south Island

Steve

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
20150125_132119.jpg
Have a guess?? not you Grub:D
20150124_161028.jpg
"Junior Jimmy" early dragster over here GMC six in it, Getting restored by Greg Lewis
20150124_161055.jpg
neat old car
20150124_135913.jpg
Nice little pickup pretty much built from scratch
20150124_135211.jpg
Dave "Blastboy" old wagon, still looks very cool

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
This is a machine that a couple of local hot rodders put together for the event around 8-10 years ago. it is the second machine they built, the first being a Holden Ute (think 1972 Australian Elcamino) it was a V* powered Bar that was steered from the back at the center and could carry 16 punters having a drink. It was called the BarZar (bazaar)
They then decided to build this unit, it is 350 chev powered Spa pool, two Holden Utes were sacrificed for this, as you can see it is tandem steer and tandem drive. it has marine manifolds on the engine that heat the pool water.
The guy in the dark cowboy hat at the rear is driving it. it has a full on 4 burner BBQ under the hood at the front incase you get hungry.
Heaps of fun, i have been sliding sideways around a paddock at 2am in the pool with water flying every where
"no humans or animals have been harmed in the production or operation of this vehicle"

SpaZar.jpg

Steve