409 blower intake

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Dr,.Kimble,He's putting a 671 blower on top of that 380.It'll be quite peppy when he's done.

Dr Richard Kimble

Well Known Member
I know , Don ,
it just saddens me that in this day of modern technology and capability , that things like these old-style pistons would still be supplied . it doesn't have to be that way

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes we all know that feeling.......the one Brian and Jim mention AND the one Don said too. (Luckily I don't have that problem anymore.)

I LOVE the Little Rascals. Timeless. Innocent. Why does that seem to be lost and gone forever?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
At 380 cu.inches it IS a small engine Ray.I'll bet he makes over 50o hp with it ,which is at the lower end of the big [474] engine range and still be very civil on the street at cruising rpm.Of course that's if Brian keeps his foot out of it,which ain't likely.:crazy

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don, how far are you from Monroe, GA? Car show coming up later this month that Donny told me about. Would be great to see you there.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't know Jason,I'd have to look it up.I might be able to come,but I'm in the middle of two street rod engines for friends of my cousin and we're trying to get them ready by the first part of April.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well if not then, then I'll see you in a few months in Chattanooga I reckon. Sorry for the thread Hi-jack Brian.

Hey Brian, post up a "teaser pic" sometimes of that huffer sitting on top of the bare block and heads if you get a chance. Would be inspirational for all of us I bet. Or maybe just stand the heads up on a counter with the intake between them.
Like this:
performer-rpm.jpg