Valve cover breather connected to header

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I queried "valve cover breather" and read a lot of good info and decided to connect the breather to the headers (drag racing application), but haven't found any pictures on ideas on how to make the transition @ the headers. Any ideas or pic's would be appreciated. tanks :pray

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Its all store bought stuff. Summit, Jegs, etc. Look for evacuator systems. Simply connecting valve cover breather to welded in bungs in header collectors. Use simple heater hose to connect the two. Or, something dressier. Do Not use with full exhaust system. Back pressure will offset vacuum and will leave you with no evacuation. Good for open headers though.
castpistonsampmymotor011_zpse671e1e8.jpg

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Its all store bought stuff. Summit, Jegs, etc. Look for evacuator systems. Simply connecting valve cover breather to welded in bungs in header collectors. Use simple heater hose to connect the two. Or, something dressier. Do Not use with full exhaust system. Back pressure will offset vacuum and will leave you with no evacuation. Good for open headers though.
castpistonsampmymotor011_zpse671e1e8.jpg
That looks fantastic......nice 409

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Gotta love this place eh! Just ask and you will receive. Yes, Ronnie's o9'er is pretty sweet. I have pic's of it from the convention but didn't catch the collector, (signed the door too)! Thanks bud's....this one's for you..:cheers
(I know, being from Co. you need to know which bud, eh)? :zombie....and as I'm typing, I just caught this buck wanting to get in on the forum, and he did...:roll

Attachments

• IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 33