Hi My name is Rick and Im trying to locate my Impala SS 409 1961 stolen

chevy40961

Thanks Tommy, I bought the car as is in 2008... I trusted on the seller.. Owner of antique car shop but Always had some doubts about the window sticker... Do you think that this car is a real SS 409 ?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thanks Tommy, I bought the car as is in 2008... I trusted on the seller.. Owner of antique car shop but Always had some doubts about the window sticker... Do you think that this car is a real SS 409 ?

I would need to see more of the car but if this is the car that I think it is, it has a cowl tag with 409 SS stamped on it ??? If so, that is also a reproduced cowl tag. I don't see any reason to put this type stuff on a "real ss" car. There is no such option as 409 SS. There was RPO 240 which was the Super Sport option, the 409 motor was just one of 4 available motors with that option.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would need to see more of the car but if this is the car that I think it is, it has a cowl tag with 409 SS stamped on it ??? If so, that is also a reproduced cowl tag. I don't see any reason to put this type stuff on a "real ss" car. There is no such option as 409 SS. There was RPO 240 which was the Super Sport option, the 409 motor was just one of 4 available motors with that option.

What about the build sheet?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

If you got that window sticker with the car when you bought it, how did the perp have it to sell with the car?

chevy40961

Hi, I bought the car on ebay per Picture, as I was passed several years outside USA, the car was in the storage since them with all papers, biuld sheet and all receipts of the services done....
attached other pics including the body tag...

Attachments

• SS044.jpg
    SS044.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 120
  • SS059.jpg
    SS059.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 115

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hi, I bought the car on ebay per Picture, as I was passed several years outside USA, the car was in the storage since them with all papers, biuld sheet and all receipts of the services done....
attached other pics including the body tag...
Any more up dates on your car??

Steve