Original tire question for 63 Impala

bobs409

Administrator
Lets see.... 246 x 4 (or 5) = 1000 - 16 = 984.00..... I just bought 4 Goodyear 235 x 15 x 6 - 91.00 x 4 = 361.00 + tax = 397.00
The car came with 4 all white rims, 15" so i decided to go with them on radial tires. I am saving up for the original 800 -x -14 -x -6.
Here's a photo of how they look with some old 64 dog dish caps. ITS hard to decide

:rub

The trouble is they just don't have "that look". I need the pie crust edge. :teehee

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Go Platinum Bob. Get what you want and don't worry about the money. If you want to save money you need to find another hobby! Show cars are just like race cars....speed cost money, how fast to you want to go. Correct looks cost money, how correct do you want it?

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
8:00 x14 Goodyear, if you want it to look correct, this is the ticket

Attachments

• 20150328_144950.jpg
    20150328_144950.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20150328_144922.jpg
    20150328_144922.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 34

bobs409

Administrator
I like those Goodyears Tommy but not sure if I would be happy with bias ply. How about I come down to Virgina and test drive that 61 to see if I like them? :D

bobs409

Administrator
I bow to the master! :bow

That's a heck of a collection you have Tommy.

At the moment, I'm thinking my best bet will be the bias look a-like radials as I do intend on driving mine occasionally and safety and comfort is a benefit. Will car ever be judged? Probably not.

It's by far the hardest decision I've ever had to make with any of my cars. This car has the most sentimental value to me and I had it since I was 14 so investing a little extra is do-able.

I wonder what I'll be doing next year to drive myself crazy? :crazy :laugh3

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Its not the decision that is the hard part, it's the journey getting to the decision. Now "grasshopper", can you make up your mind.
:drinking:snack:drinking

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
ok, Bob I think this is what you are after. These were on my car when i first brought it home ,thinking about putting them back on.:D:D Ain't they nice!!!!!!DSCF0006.JPG DSCF0005.JPG. Diid you notice the pie crust edge???

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Snow tires! I never thought of that. :D

I sure hope you saved those to re-use. :teehee
Oh, i remember i junked those. I probably could have sold them to you!!!!!!:laugh
I didn't realize they made a front wheel drive 63. Is it euro spec?
This was one of a kind , waiting for a cross wise engine and transaxle!!!!!!:D

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Too bad, here in PA I could have used them. Maybe even put the plow on the 63 and sell the Jeep. :crazy

bobs409

Administrator
Well it's official! I just pulled the trigger for (5) of these: :alarmed :scared

1.JPG 2.JPG

This is most I EVER paid for tires in my life and probably ever will. (God I hope!) :fear2

If anyone can send food donations for a while, it will be appreciated. :laugh3