Decoding acc. on Cowl Tag

Hi, My name is Larry Scarth. I'm new to this web site. I have a 1962 Bubble Top. 409/409, paint code 900 (black), 872 interior (red cloth and vinyl). Style 62-1937 SL. Does anybody know what 1BH is next to ACC ? can't find code break down. Thanks for your help.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks. Tag is 62-1637 not 1937. Any decoding book tags out there?
If you go to the home page,hit 58- 64.....a list appears,within that list there is one option titled accsessory codes......within that list you''ll see your code listed....I checked,there is nothing listed.......There is a book out there by Alan Colvin titled Chevrolet by the numbers 58- 64.....the author offers a validation service in the back of the book where you fill in info on your car........he might be able to provide that service for you........

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Larry. The accessory codes Fisher Body used back then varied somewhat from plant to plant (not consistent). The codes always signified a body piercing/modification, such as 4 speed shifter, SS equipment, AC, power windows, rear antenna, ect. A guy from Australia (Carl1962) on the Chevytalk.org forum has done quite a bit of research on the 62 codes and has a database started. I am sure he can help. Good Luck

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
By the way, welcome to the site.
If nobody here knows what the code means I would be surprised if you can find out anywhere.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
top left of the body tag is typically a date code

denoting month and week in month

2 E would be February and B week 2

this may not be what you mean.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
What were the original options on this car? Has the car been modified and equipment added. This info would help determine what is going on.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Hi, My name is Larry Scarth. I'm new to this web site. I have a 1962 Bubble Top. 409/409, paint code 900 (black), 872 interior (red cloth and vinyl). Style 62-1937 SL. Does anybody know what 1BH is next to ACC ? can't find code break down. Thanks for your help.
Do you know if the 409 engine is original to the car? Is the car an original 4 speed car? If it was, the shifter hole in the floor would require a code in the ACC line. How about a padded dash?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Do you know if the 409 engine is original to the car? Is the car an original 4 speed car? If it was, the shifter hole in the floor would require a code in the ACC line. How about a padded dash?
Padded dash I think is C.