Here's a little quiz.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
When did the Belair/Biscayne come with the 3 light-Impala style trunk lid from the factory?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Wasn't the impala the only one that came with 3 lights per side?
Yes, singles. But one of them alway housed the backup lights. So can you call them taillights? Owners were modifying the Impala lights by removing the backups and replacing them with taillights but never stock.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes, singles. But one of them alway housed the backup lights. So can you call them taillights? Owners were modifying the Impala lights by removing the backups and replacing them with taillights but never stock.
And a majority of the Biscayne's only had one taillight per side and the second had a a backup lens that had no wiring harness. I Beleive the backup lens was use in place of another tail light lens so there could be no mistaken tail light out of oder by law inforcement.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Nope, center lens was backup. Anyway the 67 lights were not in the trunk lid. The 65 had four lights in the lid. I'm sure models has something in mind here or he wouldn't have posed the question but I can't remember any of the Chevy models having six lights in the trunk lid. 58 impala started the three light per side six light rear treatment, and I'm so glad they did. Maybe I'm not understanding the question as models intended?

Last edited:

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Should have said three lights in the rear. Aussi land is correct. Turn signal lens was yellow.