data tag question

409 lever

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am thinking of putting a new data tag on my car, the current one looks like someone hit it with a grinder then sandblasted it unprotected. so now I am thinking of having datatags make me a replacement. I would like to do it as correct as possible for a car with a 409 and a 4 speed trans, posi rear. would any of this info be on a trim tag? the current tag only has ez1- tinted glass. im am not trying to pull a fast one on the next owner if I decide to sell I would be upfront with the situation with the old tag.

thanks, scott

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Scott......trim tag doesn't have any 409 info. Just have a new one with the info you have on your original tag.

Good advise, if you must replace it make it just as the original one was. In at least one state, Oklahoma I believe laws have been passed making it illegal to tamper with the cowl tag

I agree with both Phil & Tommy, duplicate the original. Also you can purchase the correct rivets to put back on. If you do a search for the rivets you can find reproduction or NOS. I bought bag full of NOS several years ago as I new I would be needing them for restoratinons.