Help me keep an eye out

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks guys,I will .I'm already looking at combo changes[cam,valves,carb sizes],and I'm finding the positives.I think that I can make an easy 350 rwhp with an automatic overdrive trans,tighter convertor[cheaper],and in a less than 3,000 lb.S-10,It'll be peppy enough for me.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Don, you must be pretty easy going.I would really be pissed if that happened to me. You talked about carb"s ,what are you wanting. I have the 65 409carb and the other as you called it a mopar carb I have listed in for sale section. If you are interested in either one I would sell cheaper to you.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Being pissed [which I am] won't really solve anything,as far as getting it done,I have a Carter Comp series 625 with electric choke ,and an AED 750 dp on hand.If I go with the single plane intake,I'll get a new Quick Fuel HR annular discharge Carb to use.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That sucks Don!
I'm in the process of cleaning and re-organizing my shop so if I have anything you can use like carbs, heads (348 only) or other misc parts let me know......I'm finding stuff I didn't know I had.:dunno

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That sucks Don!
I'm in the process of cleaning and re-organizing my shop so if I have anything you can use like carbs, heads (348 only) or other misc parts let me know......I'm finding stuff I didn't know I had.:dunno
Yes Cecil, I hear that you have come across things you didn't know you even had. I wonder if some of these parts are going to accidentally just fall in to a certain container that is making it's way towards the southern hemisphere.:taunt
Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Don, that just plain sucks. I hope that stuff turns up somehow. Around here, it would be headed for a scrapper because the tweakers are too stupid to know what they have, and they are always in a hurry. I also hate to think of a real 409 guy being a thief, too. Please don't hesitate to PM if you are looking for something I might have.