SCAM ALERT

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I just got off the 348-409 site yesterday afternoon and decided to touch base with my son on Facebook.. I was scrolling down a page and a pop-up came on the screen informing me that my computer has been compromised with a DANGEROUS VIRUS that could not be detected by TREND-MICRO. or any other security program.It instructed me to call this # right away to correct the problem ( 1-855-401-6394 ) I called because my screen was frozen. Guess what ?? I asked the guy where he was from and he told me NEW DELHI INDIA !! The company he worked for web site was Trojan Scanner.org .I started asking the obvious questions .What are you going to charge me for this "FREE SERVICE' He told me that the minimum charge would be $150.00 to rid my computer of any virus. He started asking my name , phone # , credit card info ,Etc. I said " NO WAY ,THANK YOU and hung up. I called Trend-Micro and reported this incident to them. They checked my computer inside out and up and down & came up with nothing. There is no virus in your computer..
Just a heads up to all our computer users out there.
BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THIS.:angry:gaah:no
:crazy:cheers

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I just when through the same thing about a couple of week's ago. I was informed i had a virus as i would click to go to another page and it would go to detergent ads. I got a notice to call a operator even showed number :finger There were even underlined word's in any website and when the mouse was moved across it would go to that ad again.. I told my married daughter who live's here about it and she came over and worked on it and got it straightened out. Thank god for smart kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap !Actually have three daughter's that could do that. My son does not own a pc as he call's it , he hate's them ,he just has a tablet.

Last edited:

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
How did you post this? :hide
Tommy, My computer was rebooted by Micro Trend and now the virus threat was eliminated. I just give them a call and they walk me through the fix or I give them permission and they can use my computer to fix the problem them selves instead of me. I was in the middle of a lot of Fee-Bay sales and I just wanted to be sure this threat wasn't going to affect Fee-Bay.
All is good.:bow:bow
:crazy:cheers

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I had the same thing happen, about a month ago.:doh Our phone rings, all the time. It's usually, Direct Energy, Solar City, Solar America, or the guy trying to sell me, a First Alert button, to wear around my neck.:dunno I have told them all," I'm Not Interested, Stop Calling Me " Of course, they don't stop. All these pain in the asses, sound like Ghandi rejects. They have called our house, so many times, I recognize all their voices. This particular day, a woman calls, and tells me she's a representative, from Microsoft. OK what's your name? She won't answer. She then tells me, I have many problems with my computer. I know, something IS going on, in my computer. But, I just play along with her for awhile. She gives me a code name, to type in the RUN prompt, and that brings me to the fault log page. Then she says, see all the errors you have? Oh my God, what am I gonna do? She says I can fix it for you, but you must pay. How much will it cost me? She won't answer. Then she asks me, how am I gonna pay. Finally I'm tired of this stupid broad, and say I'M NOT GONNA PAY YOU, NOTHING. She hangs up. So, I sat there for a moment, thinking. They probably do make out, with this Scam, because the fault log, keeps track of all the screw-ups a computer has. When people see this, they get nervous, and want someone to fix it.:doh A couple days ago, I get a phone call, and the woman asks me if I'm So and So. I tell her I am. She says, she is from the Internal Revenue. I recognize her voice, and start laughing. She's the Microsoft woman.:rollI told her, I have your Internet code number, and I'm gonna turn you in to the FCC. She hangs up. WHO is she gonna be next week????:laughingWhat pisses me off, about all this, is when it first started, about a year ago, I called Direct Energy, and complained about their phone calls. Their representative told me, I will take care care of this, on our end. Does that mean, they have no control, over the telemarketers they use. WTH

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I also had a call from a so called Irs, said i was owing money and penalty would be on that . was Seattle ,Wa area code. You can bet the real Irs will contact you by registered mail of some sort . Phone call , no one home, oh we'll try later ,Not.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I didn't know people still had land lines:dunno
Actually I still do too but it's only used for the internet, phone has never been used or answered in the 4 years I have had it. It does get calls because the number is listed but I don't even know what the number is myself.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Well, Mike. If you feel lonely, and want to join in, and have some fun. Give me your phone #, and I'll pass it on.:doh:roll

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, Mike. If you feel lonely, and want to join in, and have some fun. Give me your phone #, and I'll pass it on.:doh:roll

Wouldn't matter, that line has never been answered and never will. I bet I've lost millions in free jack pots by not answering that phone:doh

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Guess I missed out yesterday. A guy called and said he had 900,000+ dollars and a new Toyota for me and all I had to do was call the field manager and talk with him and he (the driver) would deliver it to me. Never called the manager and didn't get another call. Guess I screwed up!! :dunno :D

Lonnie

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I usually like to tell whomever calls that I would love to hear all about whatever it is you are selling or whatever and then just lay the phone down and when I hear it beeping later go and hang it up. May as well burn up some of their $$ and waste some of their time.