Mayday.......Mayday We've Got Problems Tower

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
> There is logic to flying. > > > > > > >

An air traffic control tower suddenly lost communication with a small twin engine aircraft. A moment later the tower land line rang and was answered by one of the controllers. The terrified passenger riding with the pilot who lost communications was on a cellular phone and yelled: > > > > "Mayday, Mayday!!.... MY pilot had an instant and fatal heart attack. I grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket and he had told me before we took off he had the tower on his speed dial memory. I am flying upside down at 18,000 feet and traveling at 180 mph. > > The controller in the tower had put him on speaker phone immediately. "Calm down, we acknowledge you and we’ll guide you down after a few questions. The first thing is not to panic, just remain calm!!". > > He began his series of questions: > > > Tower: "How do you know you are traveling at 18,000 feet??" > > > Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 18,000 feet on the Altimeter in front of me." > > > Tower: "Okay, that’s good, remain calm. How do you know you’re traveling at 180 mph?" > Aircraft: "I can see that it reads 180 mph on the Airspeed indicator in front of me." > > Tower: Okay, this is great so far, but it’s heavily overcast, so how do you know you're flying upside down?" > > Aircraft: “The shit in my pants is running out of my shirt collar!" >

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Zero G is weightless.....like in space
1 G positive is what you weigh
1 G negative is what you feel hanging upside down by your feet
inverted flight is very uncomfortable......inverted and multiple negative G makes your head feel like its going to explode........kinda like Bob does quite often:D