ANOTHER Canadian Pontiac

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have BFG 275 radials for my car and I can tell you they don't work well at all. It's a big tire but mine destroys them from a roll in first and second gear

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Well got "most" of the issues resolved, idles at 1000 RPM, water 140-160 range, no oil out of dipstick, tires STILL won't h:rolleyes:rolleyesK, BUT CON'T FIGURE OUT THE BRAKES. Car was fine with the 380 in it, and has plenty of vacuum when the hose to carb is removed, yet peddle is still hard and very "grabby".

Time to ask for help!!

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
Brakes are done. Cutting and shimming works wonders LOL. Had the car out for it's first REAL drive, about 5 miles, and was nice. Put the Hoosier G60 X 15 (255's for you metric guys) and it's better, but still like being on ICE.

Oh, and noticed that with the spacers under the carb, the new air clearing isn't going to fit:doh. So thinking of machining some SHORT spacers out of UHMW plastic and see? UHMW has a metking point starting around 270 degrees. :pray

61 Bubble

Well Known Member
I have UMHW in the shop. Don't have much phenolic anymore. And has Alum. Just want to try and keep some heat out of the carbs.