Unknown Z-11 Chevy in 1965 running a unknown T-Bolt

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Confirmed Bob Tadesco's Z-11 (thanks to Mark again) he purchased from Doc Dixon who in turn bought it from Tom Sturm from L.A. (car delivered through Don Steves Chevrolet in La Habra CA new). The car was originally ordered by John Mazmanian's nephew Richard Sironian though never took delivery of it. Bob Tadesco traded the Z-11 into Nickey Chevrolet in 1967 for a new 427 Camaro. Car disappeared in Pittsburgh though front end is rumored to still exist, car junked :(
0_0_0_0_462_227_csupload_54550666.jpg

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member
In Mark's post I just recognized and remember P.I.D's vintage Caddy hearse/emergency vehicle. Purchased cheap from nearby Bridgeville, PA.

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is that the Z that Paul Esterley bought?

Good guess, though Paul Esterly purchased Bures Hall's black '63 Z-11 with a small block from Mancuso's Chevrolet used car lot in Skokie Il 1964. The 427 went into a Daytona blue '64 Chevelle 300 deluxe called the dazzler owned by Bures Hall. Paul did trade the Z-11 also for a new Camaro in '67 at Nickey Chevrolet. Somebody who knew what the car was bought it for the aluminum from Nickey Chevrolet and was parted out.

Jon Garrison

Did you know Paul Esterly?! I grew up in the Chicagoland area and Paul and his sons had a speed & machine shop at one time. Paul mentioned he had a black '63 Z-11 body he put a 327 in and raced it back then. He always wondered what happened to it.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I've known Paul and his son Jeff since the early 80's. They own E&R racing engines. Paul retired a few years ago. Jeff move the shop to Genoa, IL. I haven't seen Jeff in a couple of years to ask about Paul. Paul used to tell me about the Z11 he owned. Paul knew a lot about building the W engines from back in the day. E&R was famous for clutchs back in the day. They built some of Arnie Farmer's engines at some point.

Jon Garrison

I ran into Paul at the Chicago Vette vest back in 1999 and we spoke about the black Z-11 he bought 2nd hand from a guy named Hall who raced it new. Paul said he regrettably traded the '63 Z-11 in for a new Camaro Z-28 at Nickey Chevrolet in Chicago. He never saw the car again after that he said. Does Raj know Paul also?

Last edited:

Z-11Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Jon,

I spoke to Paul Esterly on the phone back in 2001 as I was doing an ownership trace of the late Bures Hall Z-11 Impala. Super great guy to talk to, I will post pics of the Bures Hall car soon, I got a few pics of that car stashed at my folks place.