LAMAR WALDEN

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I never met the man but if you are in the W-Head motor community you have to know his reputation, one that will be remembered forever, my thoughts and prayers go out for the family, its a big loss for all of us.
Martin

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
A sad day for the extended Walden family and a great loss for the "W" community.

I only met Lamar once, at Phil's first Convention in 2004, but he was a stand up guy and a great engine builder.

My condolenses to the Walden family during a time of grief and a time of reflection on a great person.

TomK

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........sat in on his seminar at the first convention, he talked so I could actually understand........:clap
he was a great promoter of the 'W' engine.............R.I.P. Lamar - you will be missed........:hug

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Both Lamar and Rob did a wonderful job on my engine several years ago. I took her out for a spin Saturday in Lamar's honor!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_kdSFjkZ-K3y77e7fq3Yt7m-kA_Uuby7pUCt0i_xBAs/edit?pli=1

Here is a pic of the 3 of Lamar, Rob and me when I went to pick up my car after they rebuilt the engine. He was a masterful story teller for sure.

When travelling through Atlanta, I would occasionally stop at the shop to trade (mostly listen) stories from Lamar. I sure wish he would've written a book.

RIP Lamar... you'll be sorely missed. May you leave 2 rubber strips all the way to the pearly gates and beyond!!

IMG_0762.JPG

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Our sympathy and prayers to the Walden family. Met him back in the 80's at an early Super Chevy. Last time we talked he called to congratulate me on the new blocks and offered advise. He was becoming an expert on cancer and shared what he had learned during his treatment. We'll all miss him.

Bob