Fordflambe - but i have a little of everything

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Welcome to the site.Great group here:hug and lots of info on the "W" engine. Get in , Fasten your seat belt , Keep your arms and legs inside the car and enjoy the ride.
We have a member here who is putting a "W" in a 51 Bel-Air. Wengine is his handle and his name is Kenny.
:crazy:cheers212  Kennys 51 with the 396 motor  1988.jpg

fordflambe

Thanks to all for allowing me to participate in this group and learn more about the W-motor. I have been poking around on the website and I have to say, there are a lot of great projects as well as many beautiful, completed rides.............not to mention all the great technical information.

I can not take credit for the great combination used to build my ride. The real credit goes to a fine gentleman in Arlington, Texas (i don't have permission to use his name at this point in time) i purchased it from. He too is a W motor fan, so if he shows up here, i want to thank him again for a great ride.

Glad you all are enjoying this beautiful car.................

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok. Now I gotta Google builders in Arlington and see if I can figure it out. Many here prolly already know.

fordflambe

Absolutely Stunning car and of course Engine Bay.:):love

What does she drive and run like?

Auto, TH350, 400, 700R4?

Have to say she would certainly turn heads going down the road

Steve
The engine is fresh/spunky and the car runs out perfectly. Builder installed a Heidts MII front end with power steering and also 9 inch Ford rear. Right now, the trans is a TH 375 (400 with 350 tail-shaft) and with the 3:25 ratio rear, it really needs the overdrive for freeway cruising. I have a TH700R4 coming and it will be installed before winter is over. the 700 should make the car perform even better with lower first gear and higher overdrive (with lock-up). It really is a sweet ride and i look forward to many miles under her control.

Thanks for all the great comments! And you are correct, many thumbs up, big smiles, and if you stop to fill the tank, be ready for long conversations, pictures, and stories about the cars just like this one, the admirers had when they were younger...............