Summer Update

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I've been AWOL for most of Summer.........getting used to retirement and all this free time I'm
supposed to have had.

After taking the W out last Winter and making a few changes...........so far so good.

Motor is much happier with the new valve springs.........much happier.
The hydraulic clutch set up is working flawlessly as well.......was a good choice.

Going with the quick ratio manual steering box has given me much better road feel.

Nothing draws a crowd at a car event like a 409.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hell, I even tell the people at the track when they ask, Wow! Is that a 348? I say "YES". Fast isn't it. I had a guy, looked like he was in his mid 70's, insist that Chevy "never" put a 348 in a passenger car. Say's they were truck engines, only put in trucks. He actually got really angry when I told him different. Now when people inform me that "that's a truck engine" I agree. You guys wouldn't believe some of the insane crap you can hear at car cruise in's.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Maybe you should have asked that guy if that were the case then why so many 348's came with tri-power for truck use. I bet he'd have had an interesting explanation for that. :crazy

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Last Sunday, I was waiting in the staging lanes. A guy walked up to me and evidently he knew that 409's were getting a little hard to find, high priced and maybe shouldn't be raced anymore. He asked me "Do you have any idea what that 409 is worth?" I told him "It's not for sale". :) He just shook his head, smiled and walked away.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Last Sunday, I was waiting in the staging lanes. A guy walked up to me and evidently he knew that 409's were getting a little hard to find, high priced and maybe shouldn't be raced anymore. He asked me "Do you have any idea what that 409 is worth?" I told him "It's not for sale". :) He just shook his head, smiled and walked away.
Atta boy Ronny!!!!!!!!!!!:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl