Union grove this friday

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks Lonnie for the invite, but we made it to Union Grove. Three passes into the day and my buddy broke.................
into the 12's:winner 12.85 at 113 in his Camaro. My goal for his car this weekend is 12.50's. And my third run .................I did 11.85 at 116! A big win for both of us. I think we may watch KOTS tomorrow and make a few more runs Sunday. This is a great weekend so far. Probably the last outing for me for the year. Unless Rob talks me into one more weekend.:D

Way to go Brian and Rob,.....:winner

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Lonnie for the invite, but we made it to Union Grove. Three passes into the day and my buddy broke.................
into the 12's:winner 12.85 at 113 in his Camaro. My goal for his car this weekend is 12.50's. And my third run .................I did 11.85 at 116! A big win for both of us. I think we may watch KOTS tomorrow and make a few more runs Sunday. This is a great weekend so far. Probably the last outing for me for the year. Unless Rob talks me into one more weekend.:D
You are welcome Brian. Glad you had fun. My two time runs today, 7.345 and 7.340. First round dialed 7.33. Had an .01 green and broke the other guy out with another 7.34. Second round .01 RED!! GRRRRR :bang:gaah

Lonnie

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys! Jason, my 60 foot was 1.70. I have done better. I bought a set of 28 10.50 15s MT et bias drag tire to replace my et street bias ply tires because I just crush the et street with their softer sidewall. They are a tad larger than my 28 11.50 15 tires. They should help me on my launch quite a bit. The streets really wad up bad. I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the support.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Glad you are having success after such a long drive. It's too bad I couldn't meet up with you but maybe next time. The year is long from over! Congratulations on the new best. That's a hell of a street car!

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
New tires first run a 1.60 60 foot. Came out of the hole real good. A couple 11.90's and it was over for me. Time for Robs. We were working on Robs launch rpm and tire pressure. On the launch it would pull the motor down a little too far, so we tried a little more air pressure and a little more rpm. Seemed to help so we tried a bit more launch rpm, to the tune of 5500. Well I can tell you the car never even shuttered one bit. I believe it tore the facing off the Centerforce dual friction clutch. Damn. Will get it apart and see what came undone. It will be going together with a scatter shield and most likely a Phoenix clutch like I have. Rob has no regrets and said he had a great time. Me and my boy had a great time as well. :burnout

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Robs car ate a transmission, and a rear u joint. We have the trans parts on order as well as a new clutch, scattershield, and clutch fork. Hope to have it back together for next Friday. Ain't racing fun? :doh