Coming soon! New forums coming to rate & review

bobs409

Administrator
I'm working on it now. :think Might be ready tomorrow or day after.

A new section devoted to rating and reviewing Businesses, Reproduction parts, Aftermarket/Replacement parts, Tools & Garage related items and Books, Magazines & Movies. :read

Each forum will have it's own text boxes, drop down selections or radio buttons to enter important information. (most are optional) In addition, you will have the same editor and features you have now when you post including adding photo's if desired. :ears

I think it should be a success and a great way to praise or to warn others with your experiences. :allright

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Bob,
How are you going to get this done as well as get the 63 done???

Steve

HemiChallenger71

Well Known Member
Instead of all the menus/drop downs etc. Why just not have one section devoted to product reviews and call it a day?

This forum doesnt have a ton of posting activity. I dont think we need all the sub sections.

bobs409

Administrator
Instead of all the menus/drop downs etc. Why just not have one section devoted to product reviews and call it a day?

This forum doesnt have a ton of posting activity. I dont think we need all the sub sections.

You're confusing forums with drop down boxes. It will be one area with 5 separate sections so things don't get all jumbled together. The drop down boxes and text boxes are what you will use to enter your information.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm working on it now. :think Might be ready tomorrow or day after.

A new section devoted to rating and reviewing Businesses, Reproduction parts, Aftermarket/Replacement parts, Tools & Garage related items and Books, Magazines & Movies. :read

Each forum will have it's own text boxes, drop down selections or radio buttons to enter important information. (most are optional) In addition, you will have the same editor and features you have now when you post including adding photo's if desired. :ears

I think it should be a success and a great way to praise or to warn others with your experiences. :allright

Rock Auto going to come up???

bobs409

Administrator
Rock auto might get in there. Tri-city plating is still up in the air. I haven't heard anything and the 8 week time frame is coming up. I sure hope they didn't lose them or sell them to someone else. I'm afraid to ask. :scared

'59Imp

Well Known Member
Bob,
I think it sounds like a great idea. Reviews on reproduction parts can be very useful when trying to find good reproduction parts, and to single the good repro parts out from the bad/lower quality repro parts...

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm looking forward to this new section so I can report on dealings with members from here:

(In no certain order.)

Phil Reed, Tom K., Don (blkblk63SS), Brian L. (BSL409), Paul S.(pvs409), Dave (boxerdog), Mike Bell, Don Jacks, Jeff Olsen, Dynoray, Ronnie Russell, Martin (bub6le 2op), akas59, Jack Gibbs (409 Chevy Performance),
Dan (Ishiftem), Shake-N-Bake, Tomy2tone01, Jim_ss409
I've personally had transactions with all of these fine gentlemen and have been completely satisfied with them all!!! :appl
- - my apologies to anyone I've left out!!!

I wish I could say the same for several aftermarket vendors and some members from OTHER forums.

bobs409

Administrator
Well I got 2 of the sections going, repro parts and businesses. Just a few test posts for now.

If there is anything you would like to review in those topics, give it a try.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, to help in searching for things of interest, I'd suggest the Subject line be used to identify the part, car, supplier. Jackie did a good post for example by saying 67 chevelle fenders in the post she made.

It is a waste of time when people post something with a Subject that tells you nothing about what they are going to talk about in the post itself. And when you are doing a search for anything, the good descriptive subject line is very helpful when reading through a bunch of posts.

bobs409

Administrator
I can agree with some of that. Perhaps the name of the part like the post you mentioned but not possible to put all info there. Up to the poster I guess. The search engines might pick up on all the information the way it's set up now, will have to see about that.