My retirement project

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
This is a recent video my youngest son created for marketing purposes for our Coventry Pointe rental units:

It's a work in progress. Please don't call Barb (my better half) :).

This is the location where my "Manshed" is to be constructed. This Winter we hope to begin the building of our 25th and 26th rental unit, as well as the Manshed. I've been working on this since 2005 with some downtime during the dark days of 2008-2010. My wife designs them, I am the general contractor. Now you know what I do in my spare time, there's always something to fix :).

A fun but very active retirement venue!

TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Those drones are a great tool. We had one filming us while pheasant hunting for a promotional video.

Nice project. Good luck.

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
This is a recent video my youngest son created for marketing purposes for our Coventry Pointe rental units:

It's a work in progress. Please don't call Barb (my better half) :).

This is the location where my "Manshed" is to be constructed. This Winter we hope to begin the building of our 25th and 26th rental unit, as well as the Manshed. I've been working on this since 2005 with some downtime during the dark days of 2008-2010. My wife designs them, I am the general contractor. Now you know what I do in my spare time, there's always something to fix :).

A fun but very active retirement venue!

TomK
What spare time??????:):)

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yep, certainly looks like there's enough to keep you out of mischief for a while Tom.
Very nice houses.

Gav

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tom looks good from here. What are you using for HVAC systems I am sure not using 1957 Chevy refrigerator!! Doesn't defrost as I have a mini iceberg in it
Robert

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Robert:

We're using forced air natural gas for heat and electric for AC. Bet that would thaw out that '57 frig!

Cheers!
TomK

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cool video Tom.The drones are really helpful for stuff like this. I happen to know a bit about marketing and video shooting/production related to construction. :brow If you want some pointers, advice or just to tell me to shove it, shoot me a PM. :clap:read:gamer