For the Poncho Guys

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I had a 1964 GTO back in the day (1971) but the colors were reversed. Tripower with a four speed. Wish I had it today...

Bought it off my Physics Professor for $400 and sold it three months later for $600, thought I did good :). It was my summer project, needed the funds to go back to college :(.

TomK

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
One of my Favorite cars, 65 gto.A friend of mine had a green one,white interior rally dash 389 tripower 4 speed back in the day.That was one rubber burning machine.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I had a friend, that had a 64 GTO, with 3 duces. It was a light car, and was scary fast.:appl

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you see that fella again, see if you can talk him out of those hubcaps. My brother would LOVE to have them for his '67 Goat!

Lonnie

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I think it was about 2 years ago, I gave my oldest son my '67 GTO that I had since 1981. He restored it beautifully. I'll grab some pics and post them. My favorite year GTO is '65. I just love those old Pontiacs. Thanks for sharing that pic, Carmine.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Loud mouth, trying to talk to me as we are driving. Gorgeous car. Telling me something about how fast his is blah blah blah. He downshifts and guns it mid sentence to try and catch me off guard so he gets an easy jump. SO I downshift too as quick as I can and reel him in like a bluegill and keep on going. I slow down to give him a thumbs up since it was still fun even tho technically he cheated only this time he's not so mouthy. Window rolled up and he's driving along like its a sunday stroll and I'm not next to him. Thats OK pal :burnout:laugh

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Jason,Did you tell this dummy that his ass just got whipped by a truck motor? :roll:lmao:laugh2[His engine actually started life as a truck engine and still uses the stock block,333 heads,and crankshaft.]

Last edited:

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He already got a lesson in humility. Figured that was good enough. I've learned that with owning a W motor, most people you come across are know it alls...listening to their conversations is actually pretty funny. They wouldn't listen to what I had to say even if their ears did work!