Warm up for the Manshed

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Still waiting on legal matters before I launch into the "Manshed project" :(.

I am doing a "warm up" across the street with about 6000 square feet (two units) under construction. This is my favorite part of the project, framing. It's going a bit slow right now, we're on the second floor and it's been cold, windy and snowing. And I'm over budget already... Other than that, things are moving along OK.

IMG_4687.JPG

One problem is I had to move a bunch of my stuff that will populate the Manshed out of the previously poured foundation in preparation for the build. I moved a ton of stuff up the hill to the last vacant lot in the subdivision. Looks like I've got my own private bone yard :
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4706.JPG

It bugs me that this stuff has to sit outside while I struggle with getting the Green Light from the bank :(.

Can't wait to get started on the Manshed (and already over budget on that one as well)!!!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
It's either from a 1972 Rickman Montesa 250MX or a 1968 Husky 390MX, I forget which (I think it's the Montesa). Have both bikes in storage elsewhere (my garage at the moment).

Just this week I pulled my 1977 Bultaco Frontera 370 (Enduro bike) out of the mothballs to freshen things up. Bought that one new. It was my present to myself for successfully defending my PhD dissertation and getting a new job offer in some little university town in Missouri :). Doesn't seem that long ago....

TomK

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Still waiting on legal matters before I launch into the "Manshed project" :(.

I am doing a "warm up" across the street with about 6000 square feet (two units) under construction. This is my favorite part of the project, framing. It's going a bit slow right now, we're on the second floor and it's been cold, windy and snowing. And I'm over budget already... Other than that, things are moving along OK.

View attachment 43426

One problem is I had to move a bunch of my stuff that will populate the Manshed out of the previously poured foundation in preparation for the build. I moved a ton of stuff up the hill to the last vacant lot in the subdivision. Looks like I've got my own private bone yard :
View attachment 43427
View attachment 43428

It bugs me that this stuff has to sit outside while I struggle with getting the Green Light from the bank :(.

Can't wait to get started on the Manshed (and already over budget on that one as well)!!!

TomK
So you get the Manshed built and that bone yard cleaned out into the Manshed , does that mean another housing unit???????:dunno

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Don asks: "So you get the Manshed built and that bone yard cleaned out into the Manshed , does that mean another housing unit???????:dunno"

Yep! This will be the last pair of buildings in that subdivision. We'll have 29 units when all is said and done :). I'm the Maintenance Guy. I do lawns, fencing, lighting and snow removal, but not windows!

I think it's time to work on the X frame projects after we get these next 2 buildings completed. I'll leave that last lot for when I get bored and need another project...

Cheers!
Tom