Cool or Corny?

Peter Birmingham

Well Known Member
I eventually gave up on the Unisteer rack & pinion, just couldn't solve the bump steer issue. Went with a 500 steering box with the conventional steering system, works great. The only problem I had was an interference with the steering box and the power steering pump pulley. Made a smaller new pulley but had to use a pulley with a larger groove, kind of squeals when you crank the wheels tight.

One other interesting problem I had was I lowered the front and rear 2" with drop spindles in the front and 2" shorter springs in the rear. When driving down the road I would hit a few dips in the road and the driveshaft would bottom out on the tunnel, not a good situation. I replaced the 2" drop springs with standard heighheavy duty rear springs, this gave me more back to front rake but solved the problem, still looks pretty good.

El Rat

Well Known Member
I Like it very much! I had one and raced it a bunch! 380 HP 409...back in the day (1965 or so) no one could tell the difference between a 250 HP W and a 380 HP W particularly from the rear!

El Rat

Well Known Member
I think (if I remember correctly) that your 60 is nicer than mine was! My was parked under a carport for most of it's life. Big front seat...(if you kept your feet out of the steering wheel)!

Cayneman

Well Known Member
I think those red dingle berries hanging above the windows will match the package tray rug perfectly.

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Your 60 is a beautiful car !! Black with red interior is as good as it gets !
I'm glad you changed back to the vinyl tray.
It kinda looked like "socks on a rooster" with the rug. :hide

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Love your 1960.:love When I graduated H.S. in 64, I took a part time job, for the summer, working in our local Minute Man Car Wash.:doh Yeah, it Sucked, but I did, get to drive Many Nice cars.:appl A guy came in one day, with a Gold Metal Flake 58 Chevy Impala. It had a Custom, Gold and White Leather interior.:clap The dashboard had, 1 inch x 1 inch, Gold and White Ceramic Tiles glued to the top of it.:rolleyes He also had the Dingle Berries, hanging from the headliner.:doh:barf2 I wish I had taken a picture, back then.:dunno

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Holy crap! When you graduated I was three......:poke

Whipper Snapper........
angry_oldman.gif~c200

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Love your 1960.:love When I graduated H.S. in 64, I took a part time job, for the summer, working in our local Minute Man Car Wash.:doh Yeah, it Sucked, but I did, get to drive Many Nice cars.:appl A guy came in one day, with a Gold Metal Flake 58 Chevy Impala. It had a Custom, Gold and White Leather interior.:clap The dashboard had, 1 inch x 1 inch, Gold and White Ceramic Tiles glued to the top of it.:rolleyes He also had the Dingle Berries, hanging from the headliner.:doh:barf2 I wish I had taken a picture, back then.:dunno

Didn't you have a cell phone Skip??:winner