'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
That GMC V12 has 702 cubic inches,was built between 1960 thru 1965.weighed 1500 lbs.We built one using a lot of parts from Thunder v12.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
My buddy has a inline 8 cylinder caddy in his building. Been telling him to sell it for years. He's a hoarder. Has 8 buildings full of cars, bikes, boats and engines. Great guy but lives like he has nothing and thinks it's all worth a million dollars. I use to spend all my weekends out there helping build and move rusty treasures.
I want to get my engine and trans from my first car back but he buried it in a building. A 1971 Oldsmobile 455 from a olds 98.

Last edited:

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Always wanted to buy his 61 Buick Wild Cat but someone stole the engine and trans because he left it outside of the building and lived near Chicago so it was a free for all for pos thieves.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I have a bunch of parts on criegs list for sale. Does $150 for all the '61 biscayne interior garnish moldings sound reasonable for them? Had a couple people tell me that's way to much and they will wait for a deal :dunno

sycsteve

Well Known Member
When you say all does that include the backglass moldings as well?

Yes. I started at $200. was going by prices on ebay at least the ones I could find on there.
I think there's 8 pieces total cant remember for sure. They told me they found sets for $100 before. Asked why the didn't buy them but never replied.

Last edited:

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I better go through my parts and make sure I have the back glass ones for mine. Don't remember it having any around the glass unless it was on the top of the back window. Might have been the two I thought were for the dash but were long and skinny.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
150. Is a fair price for both front and back garnish moldings. I would not take any less.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I called the shop that has my engine and got more excuses why they have not finished my engine yet. Its been over a year. I found a new friend that races and he said he would help me with changing out my springs on my Edelbrock heads when I go get them back. My valve spring tool is not strong enough for the spring on these heads. Still need to measure for push rods too but I have to buy those tools too.
I was wondering what ignitions guys are running on their cars? I bought the Pertronics Igniter II but was told I should go with MSD. Any preferences?

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have pertronics II in my 62 SS 409 stroker -works great with a rev limiter in an original single point distributor.
We have another 62 SS 409 using the same thing. I have Pertonics in my 62 327/300 Hardtop as does my friend has in his 62 Hardtop 250 HP/327, also work great. I doubt that you need a MSD.
Paul

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I have pertronics II in my 62 SS 409 stroker -works great with a rev limiter in an original single point distributor.
We have another 62 SS 409 using the same thing. I have Pertonics in my 62 327/300 Hardtop as does my friend has in his 62 Hardtop 250 HP/327, also work great. I doubt that you need a MSD.
Paul

Thanks, I still have to buy the rev limiter for it. I don't like the big red cdi box look any way. Plus I would have to sell the one I have already. Wasn't sure how well the Pertronics one works.

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I agree on the big red box - I did not want it on my firewall or inner fender.
Our Pertronics came with the rev limiter in the unit.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
[Mad TE="sycsteve, post: 315037, member: 8535"]Thanks, I still have to buy the rev limiter for it. I don't like the big red cdi box look any way. Plus I would have to sell the one I have already. Wasn't sure how well the Pertronics one works.[/QUOTE]

Msd ready to run is a stand alone unit does not require the box

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Msd ready to run is a stand alone unit does not require the box[/QUOTE]

I have the MSD stand alone in my car.