NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Martin, based upon your latest post, it looks as if those not racing will not be parking or associating with the rest of the 348-409 group. You stated you'll look into having the non racers park together the day before the event. Obviously in an area away from the racers. Seems kind of late to be hashing out parking arrangements. Don't know about everyone else but I assumed all 348-409 members would park in the same area so we could interact with each other. Now it looks as if it will be a free for all for the non racers to find a place to park. I'll probably park under a shade tree where I've always parked the last few years. Didn't a parking together issue arise a few years ago when we tried to arrange a 348-409 get together at the HRR?

Gary

Last edited:

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK guys take a breath................First lets start with the RACERS........... you will be issued 2 passes you must keep visible in the window or dash,......wherever, but you must have that pass in your car or truck or they will not let your vehicle thru, they have check points every 100 yards checking this and they are crazy about it.... THEY WILL CHECK THIS!!!!!!I will be there Wednesday to get our parking area ready so let me know if you are coming so I can rope off a big enough area.........remember I'm talking about Racers only right now, after you go thru tech, you will get 1 pass to put on your golf cart, just stick it under the clip where you keep your golf scorecard, but keep it with the cart at all times. if you do this you will be ok........so now..... one vehicle pass for the tow vehicle and one pass to keep in the car you drive back and forth to the track, one pass for your golf cart, and , you will have a wrist band they want you to wear the whole weekend, now I need your profile so I can put them all together nice and neat in a notebook for the tower, so as soon as you get me that info I can complete this, thank you ahead of time...............

Full name
Where you are from
Make, Model, and color of the car
Engine size......... if you want to make details public about engine feel free to do so
Transmission
I will add a Notes section so you can feel free to tell something interesting about you or your car or both, If you could get this info to me as soon as possible I will get this put together............. PM the information Thanks in advance for your help

also if you don't mind, take a picture of your car with a regular camera and bring the picture with you to the race give it to me to put with your information

Martin

SHOW CARS...........if you get your pre-entry sent in, in time they will send you tickets for the whole weekend, for two people, plus a ticket for a grab bag, they have a special place to park your tow vehicle if you have one and yes if you get there late your tow vehicle will probably have to be parked in the cow pasture, just watch your step............I will try and see if I can get the show cars parked together, but I will have to check on this Wednesday (June 15) when I get there.

Spectators.........when you get thru the gate call me or someone you know that has a golf cart and we will come and get you, there will be no problem hanging out in the pits with all of us, but no car or golf cart will be allowed without a pass.

any questions pm me and I will try and answer it or find out for you, so relax and have fun, I can not wait to see all of you at the track
Hey Martin,
Can you pm me your contact #?
Thanks
Gav

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Martin, based upon your latest post, it looks as if those not racing will not be parking or associating with the rest of the 348-409 group. You stated you'll look into having the non racers park together the day before the event. Obviously in an area away from the racers. Seems kind of late to be hashing out parking arrangements. Don't know about everyone else but I assumed all 348-409 members would park in the same area so we could interact with each other. Now it looks as if it will be a free for all for the non racers to find a place to park. I'll probably park under a shade tree where I've always parked the last few years. Didn't a parking together issue arise a few years ago when we tried to arrange a 348-409 get together at the HRR?

Gary
Hello Gary, well as with any NHRA event spectators can not drive their cars in the pits or the show car area, but Spectators can go anywhere in the park they want, while you can't drive in, you can come into the pits where I think most of the guys will be because they are racing, you can buy a Race Tech card and then you can drive in, but they have designated areas where they will not let you drive, there are a couple of places they won't let you take the golf cart, I would assume this is for the safety factor and to protect the Race, and Show Cars, by all means we all want to be together..........the more the merrier, Hope this, helps.

Martin

64chevydude

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
At shows around here clubs have areas to park together in the show area. Would be nice to be in a group so when your at the swap meet or watching the racing or in the pits a club brother has a eye on the rides.

Steve

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Martin, I was just wondering why cars not racing were encouraged to participate if they are not going to be part of the 348-409 group.

Gary

Last edited:

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Martin asked me to explain how the show car area worked last year.
I came in late on Thursday after a 7 1/2 hour drive. Arrived at 5pm to check-in was told I was to late to check-in today.
Returned at 8am on Firday, was told to park my trailer at this fenced in lot.
Unloaded trailer and drove my 62 to the check-in point (white building).
Was asked for ticket(s) for the day.
Asked where the golf cart rental station was and my son got out and walked to the golf cart rental.
THE TICKET attendant gave us wristbands, then told me just to drive along the entrance road to the drag strip and look for the best parking space in the show car area, I could find on the grass.
Found a space that I liked that was behind the first row of cars in the grass along the entrance to the drag strip.
Set-up my 10/10 ft tent and chairs behind my car and that was it.
Had to take down the tent at night & store it away.
Drove the golf cart everywhere but in the drag strip area, which is fenced off from he pits.
You can go anywhere in the pits & show car area you wanted.
Drove the golf cart to my trailer to unhook it from my truck at 5pm and left for the evening.
Their were guards posted for the evening along the only road in or out of the complex .

Dave

Tri5man

Well Known Member
Dave, thanks for your reply. I've been going to the HRR for years always driving a car. Its like most car shows. Parking has always been first come first serve. I still don't understand the organizing a group of non race cars if we're parked all over the complex.

Gary

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey guys wadda ya think, there will be two, one for the Class I Champion, and one for Class II Champion, very special thanks to Tom and James for they're donation of the piston and rod.........still have a few participants that haven't sent their info in so get that to me and we'll get that profile notebook ready, thanks guys for all your help.........
:burnout :flag :burnout

Attachments

• trophy.png
    trophy.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 31

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
not yet, and couldn't work on it tonight, not enough time in the day, but I'm close, Scott's been a lot of help.... a lot of help

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey guys wadda ya think, there will be two, one for the Class I Champion, and one for Class II Champion, very special thanks to Tom and James for they're donation of the piston and rod.........still have a few participants that haven't sent their info in so get that to me and we'll get that profile notebook ready, thanks guys for all your help.........
:burnout :flag :burnout

The trophy looks great! :beer

Personally, I don't care if we have two classes or just one. There's advantages either way.
With one big class, there would be more elimination runs and it's probably a little easier to organise.
With two separate classes, you're less likely to have a 9 second car paired up with a 14 second car.

mr409guy

Well Known Member
My 17 year old son is bringing his 66 mopar to race. He had to pit with me. I hope this is not a problem?

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Of course this is not a problem, if you could let me know open trailer or enclosed, this will help on the parking arrangement.

thanks
Martin

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dave, thanks for your reply. I've been going to the HRR for years always driving a car. Its like most car shows. Parking has always been first come first serve. I still don't understand the organizing a group of non race cars if we're parked all over the complex.

Gary
Gary I talked to Sherry about the parking, and all the 348-409 Show Car guys WILL be able to park together, I know this was a major concern for you so I was hoping you could be in charge of the area for the Show Car guys, there will have to be someone there to mark off the area, every morning, and make sure all canopies, and barriers are taken down every night, because the wind might blow them around and we cant have that around Show Cars, this is NHRA's rule. I hope this helps, The Racers HAVE to park in the Pits and the Show Cars HAVE to park in the Show Car Coral, again not my rules.
SHOW CAR GUYS
(1) 430hp (Ron) 1963 Impala
(2) 64chevydude (Steve and Anne) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe
(3) Royaloak62 (Dave) 62 Impala SS Conv.
(4) Jay Gould 1937 Chevy coupe 409
(5) Tri5man (Gary) 1964 Biscayne
(6) Phil and Candy Red 63 Belair
(7) BubbletopMan (Jeremie White ) 1962 Impala

Thanks
Martin